Spark plug tool | FerrariChat

Spark plug tool

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Apr 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    #1 Arvid, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    It's a thorn in my eye every time I open the otherwise complete and pristine tool kit... The missing spark plug tool has made me spend hours and hours on ebay and internet,but no luck so far. I have mailed tool manufacturers with the correct measures but no luck so far.

Although I should have got my hands on an original or repro tool,I have come to my senses and would settle with a new tool as long as it fits inside the case...

Has any of You come across a new tool that would fit ? Any brand is fine. I think the tool is the same as for the Dino,measures at least. The sliding handle would be about 125mm,total lenght tool 215mm and the 20.8mm bucket is 65mm long. If possible,please check Your original tool to aid me with the correct measures.

Thanks,
    Arvid

2. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    I'll take the roaring silence as a hint that it actually does not exist a newer tool that fits. Otherwise people would obviously have found it by now and known about it.

I'll just keep on searching,
    A

3. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Arvid,
    Sadly, I am missing the spark plug tool that fits in the case as well...otherwise I would have posted up. That being said, I have been watching on Ebay for a few years now and how found maybe one or two that have come up for sale and they were pretty pricey...

Interestingly, it would seem that this spark plug tool tends to be missing more often than not...I have always wondered why, as it is not like this is a small tool that is easily lost/misplaced... Perhaps it was used a lot by the mechanics and they forgot to return it? Strange...

Cheers,

Sam

4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Sam, I was once kindly offered a nicely done repro tool by a fellow F-Chat member. Couldn't make up my mind and now it's long gone... This tool has the same measures as for the Dino so at least it isn't exclusive for the 400. Probably used on other Ferrari also but I'm not sure which.

Do You know Sam ?

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #5 samsaprunoff, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day Arvid,

I believe that The "tool case" type of tools were also used on later Daytonas and later C4's. According to the parts manuals the 365 Boxers and early 512 Boxers used a similar tool case, but the spark plug tool was much bigger and was stored into the jack tool bag (see pic).

Cheers,

Sam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login