365 GT4 2+2, hunting Fog Light Lenses & Rear speaker info | FerrariChat

365 GT4 2+2, hunting Fog Light Lenses & Rear speaker info

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Scott Ales, Apr 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    Hey folks, we're tinkering with 18037 (1974) a bit and wondered if anyone could help us find a set of OEM fog light lenses.

We're also trying to determine exactly what the rear shelf is supposed to have for speakers. Did they have them when new? If so, what style as in round or oval? Grilles plastic and hard to find?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and what about the hood pad? I would really like to replace that as well!

2. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    What brand of fog lamps do you have. I have a pair from a 1976 365GT4 2+2 and the lenses don't match. I wonder if that is correct for the car. I don't remember rite now which brand they are and I am in the house, but I have three different brands of lights on my cars. I have a 1973 365GT4 that has one brand and a 1972 365GTC/4 that is another brand and a pair off of a 1976 365GT4 and they are all different brands.
    My 1973 365GT4 does not have a rear speaker. I do have a rear seat air conditioner form a 400 if you would be interested.

Chuck

3. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hood pad can be ordered at Eurospares.co.uk for about $400-450 if You can live with a reproduction one. They also list fog lamps,probably repro,as part 253-83-120-00 and old part.nr. 95401540

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #4 samsaprunoff, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day Scott,

My rear shelf (18775) does not have any speakers or grills...The only grills were the ones next to the rear window on the "C' pillar... Here is a pic which shows the off-white (perhaps sun damaged) grill... and another pic showing that there was nothing installed behind it.

Cheers,

Sam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    My car (77 400) has two round speakers fitted in the rear parcel shelf covered by surface mounted grills but I think these are aftermarket as I seem to remember the grills had a manufacturer's name on them. I have changed these since I bought the car and I don't remember the manufacturers name. I've owned this car since 1997 so it had 20 years of history before I bought it.

Sam, I don't think that is a speaker grill in the c-pillar, I think you'll find it is there to extract air from the cabin.

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Simon,

Indeed, you are quite correct. My apologies if my earlier comments were misleading.

Cheers,

Sam

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I mad my hood pad copied. $800. They quoted $450. Then decided to gouge me.

8. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    My 74 365 GT4 has door speakers only. No provisions in the shelf in either the upholstered shelf or the bulkhead shelf. Good Luck!

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    In 365's

10. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    Great!

One less thing we need to do!

Thanks folks.

11. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Do you have the orginal radio? I purchased a Becker from London

12. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    Yes, still has the original I think. So far in 8 months I have never driven the car and seen it for just 5 minutes total! Received it, and shipped it off for quite a bit of work! Should be back home in a few weeks.

13. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Bought the car in 2007. Economy and mechanical problems. Parked until I sent it to Brett two years ago(June coming). Back six weeks ago. System short. Waiting in line for a fix. Never driven. I keep hoping

14. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    My last post. I rushed my car. So all did not get finished. Some thing we're not available. I have since found some parts. And will make others. So. Brett did a wonderful job. I just wanted my car back. Faster than he could schedule. I am very happy with my car.

15. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    I hear ya! There are moments with every car where the stars line up and we have a perfect day! Nothing breaks, they present themselves nicely no matter the stage of cosmetic or mechanical condition in accordance to our expectations and the money spent. Those days are indeed somewhat rare, but I personally feel all the crap in between is worth it.

After a good day in a great car I always feel like I got away with something!

16. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Thanks for that Mitch...I confess, I was a little alarmed by the post prior to that.

As you know, we simply could not road test in December/January/February... older XWX's and fresh paint just don't mix with sub-zero temps, snow drifted roads, salt, gravel, etc.

I begged for the opportunity to road test and 'debug', but you were just to anxious...and, as you often reminded me, you're happy to sort out some stuff on your own.

Thanks again,

b

17. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Great post Scott... and continued 'good luck' during your adventure !

b

18. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    #18 Scott Ales, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. braq

braq Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Hill Island
    Full Name:
    Paul XXXcX
    I needed one replacement for my mondial, so I went by everything that I could read on the glass and housing (did that just now...Cibie Iode 12.5 and towards the lower portion 135 and below that 25). Back then I was able to find exact replacements on ebay.fr the part was apparently also used for a Renault (and total was 29.00 Euro in 2008).
    Cibie Driving Lights with Covers Unknown Year | eBay
    has the same style, my measurements were 7 by 13.75 cm.

Later a friend of mine asked for lenses for his 412 and the "leftover" one fit.

Maybe this helps,

cheers

braq

20. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    On my 1980 400i Ser. 1, the rear pillar grills is where my rear A/C enters the cabin, plus, I think at the rear passengers' feet.. I hope this helps. Jq.