Centre console air vents | FerrariChat

Centre console air vents

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Bill26, Jun 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    A friend who makes and supplies a number of high quality, hard to get Ferrari parts (such as grilles) has looked into making replacements for the black plastic rectangular vents in the sides of the centre console on 365GT4 2+2, 400 and 412.

These would be black anodised aluminium (with fixing bolts) and indistinguishable from the originals except that they would not warp or break.

The issue is that they would be expensive - around USD200 each.

The question is whether there is a demand for these and would that price be prohibitive.

(These also fit 365GTC4).

Any comments welcome

Thanks and regards

WM

2. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    While I cheer for the guys making parts like this I would think the outer cover of the seat hinge would find more customers.

3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I could not locate any available for sale when I needed to replace mine, so I bought one off eBay from the guys at T Rutlands off a Mondial. The size and style are spot on, minus an extra 1/4 - 1/2 of plastic border surround, which had to be machined off in order to make it fit. The actual 3 square A/C vent within the center console was a very affordable, modest priced item and should be readily available to all, if you want to go this route. The one I got looked brand spanking new and zero complaints on it.

Check my build thread for specific photos of this - the factory made little to no modification in order for both models to share this part. As far as options are concerned, you can go for something already tried and true, or you can go with having a new, custom one made to look OEM. Good luck!