My 412 Purchase...63463 | FerrariChat

My 412 Purchase...63463

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by 57Wayne, Aug 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    I've been poking around here for a few months, commenting every now and then. After missing outvon Jay's car to Jay's benefit, I focused on an acquisition. So Dragone's in Westport CT had an auction and there was a 412 with lots of history. Interior smelled of mildew a little...it had sat for two years according to auction statements.But it looked nice and I had decided I was going to win. "Win" is a relative term, as it also means I might pay too much. On this case, I opened the bidding in my range. Someone else wanted the car and we inched ourselves past what I wanted to pay and then some, but still short of where I was with Jay...except buyers premium...tires...electrical work...but I got it.
    Now has new TRX tires from Longstone. Relay panel is on its way back to me from GT parts with three new connectors and 6 metal inserts to fix the five burned (real hot) connections. New Bosch/Tyco relays on their way. Need to order the Stabilant 22.
    No good pics on my phone and the car is on the lift. Will put some up soon.
    History goes back to exec correspondence with his secretary for the order. Changed his mind on colors and the importer had to take that car and resell and reorder. New color choice was silver with light grey interior, black carpet. Car arrived in July 1986. Federalization completed October 1986. Unfortunately, the owner died in Nov 1986. He still had to take the car in for work in that one month! More later...after pics.

2. Allard54

Allard54 Karting

Dec 11, 2009
    CT.
    Full Name:
    Marcel Perlman Ph.D.
    I am the last owner of this 412... We had a lot of good times with as I'm sure you will too...the auction description was correct...we old it because it was sitting....othe cars got in the way...I felt that someone should enjoy it are we had....Marc

3. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    Thanks Marc. I recognize your name from the paperwork. Sent a PM.

4. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    #4 57Wayne, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Ahh, silver. You have superb judgement and style.

6. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That looks really good

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Couldn't agree more! I remember Marc from VSCCA events and seeing his 412 at various shows in New Canaan and other venues. Nice to see continuation of good ownership by an enthusiast!

Maybe a mod can merge all these duplicate threads.

8. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    Great color combination! Happy motoring.

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Well said!

@57Wayne: Congratulations and I wish for you to enjoy your car in excellent health!

Cheers,

Sam

10. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    "You have superb judgement and style" sounds like I just had Chinese food for lunch and checked my fortune cookie!

11. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    Congrads Wayne,
    very nice looking car. Agree, super to see continued ownership.

12. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Looove this car!!

13. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I was tempted to compliment your wife too!

14. 57Wayne

57Wayne Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    Wilbraham MA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Thresher
    My wife deserves any compliments! She sat next to me during the auction and didn't stop me or even give me the evil eye once! And she didn't hit me for spending more than I thought I would.
    Thank you for the compliments!
    Another thought; several of you are from the area (MA / New England); I spoke with Marc this morning, and expect to meet him on Sunday Sept 6 at Lime Rock, where he will be showing a car. Maybe I will start another post on that topic...

15. rzinger

rzinger Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congrats on the purchase! There are a few of us in Eastern Massachusetts with 400/412s. Once in a while I have some fellow car nuts over to the garage to talk shop (everything from Ferraris to muscle cars to motorcycles...a mixed group). Give me a shout if you'd like to come out and join us one night for a cold one.

16. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    On Sunday the 6th I'll be at the first chicane of the Italian F1 race! The AC on my car doesn't work; let's meet up in October.