The Gallery Brummen in The Netherlands - Several of ours For Sale | FerrariChat

The Gallery Brummen in The Netherlands - Several of ours For Sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #1 OttoB, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have always been a car aficionado, ever since I can remember. I have every single VW & Porsche magazine, which then turned to European Car, since 1989 when I was still just 15 years old. And when I discovered Hemmings Sports & Exotic in 2007, I became a lifelong subscriber also and have each issue since as well. They are all bound by year in leather with gold lettering, which look similar to encyclopedias and are pretty damn cool.

However, back years ago whenever there was a Barnes & Noble or some now far gone bookstore, I always gravitated to the very same publication, which happened to be imposing over all others in size (height) and width (pages), as well as in price! But boy, even the classifieds were so cool! That magazine, which can be pricey, is Britain's Classic & Sports Car - Classic and Sports Car (I still get the hard copy ones mailed from the UK). Undoubtedly, some of the world's finest high end, classic, and most exclusive car dealers advertise there - which is how I discovered F.A. Automobile from Paris - For sale: Ferrari Lamborghini Bugatti Maserati Aston Martin Mercedes Jaguar Porsche F1 etc and posted previously here:http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/492057-sale-21145-37609-fa-automobile.html

As well as The Gallery Brummen - The Gallery Brummen

On this second website, they are currently advertising 4 365/412's!

1) 1974 in blue and asking 119K Euros

2) 1974 in red and asking 109K Euros

3) 1988 in silver asking 94.5K Euros (manual) - also part of a previous post here:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/493268-ferrari-412-manual-sale.html

4) 1989 in blue asking 55K Euros (auto)

Pretty cool - to our members from there - Arvid, Erwin, Hans or? any scoop or history on these cars? It is surprising for any one dealer to have 4 of them for sale, with one more en route, and the prices seem steep, no?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
  3. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Sorry Otto :) I'm in the higher north but would one time love to visit The Gallery and Netherland. They sure seem to have good/best examples of whatever cars they list.

4. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    Don't have my detailed files on me, but from the top of my head:
    The red 365 has been in Sweden for many years; the silver 412 is well known and original; the blue RHD 412 has been in Germany during the last few years and was originally black.
    David

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Interesting differences between the first two. Both are listed as 74s but the front lower valences are not the same. I know only a bit about this model, but are these correct?

Other minor changes/updates(?) are the side mirrors and side badging.

6. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    The blue one has a 400 lower valance and I suspect some non-original mirrors not correctly mounted. Remember many of these cars went through the 80's like every other car. A new lower stance in the front and cool chrome mirrors were all good back then ;-)

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Okay, the ad infers "all original" but "period correct" is pretty close.

8. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I'm surprised the 4th one ('89-412) is priced as low as it is compared to the others, I'm wondering if the auto box is a major part of it?

9. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
  10. PeterMercedes

PeterMercedes Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hi, this is my first post so apologies if I get anything wrong.
    Regarding the prices for these cars, these are not high for the UK, in fact, depending on condition, they could be low. Nearly all Ferraris and other classic cars are rising in price in the UK. For example, there is a 328GTS for sale at a dealers in the UK for £129,830!
    I have been looking for a 400i and have found a great deal of variation in their condition. In the worst state these have corrosion on the underside and in the usual places on the body, cracked manifolds, rusty exhaust systems, leaking rear suspension, poor interior leather, worn cracked TRX tyres and in need of a full service. They can be found for £20000 to £25000 and require probably £20,000 spent on them (at a garage) to get them in good condition. I only found one without these problems, but at a much higher price. I have bought it and will post details and a photo of it soon.

11. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #11 OttoB, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In response to another post within this forum voicing how slowly posts have been trickling in, I decided to visit the website of one of my favorite "go-to" dealerships, The Gallery located in the Netherlands. It did not take long to notice they have 3 different 1974 365 GT4 2+2's for sale, and I am attaching pics of each, plus links.

1) 1974 - Red, with approximately 90K km's for 79,000 Euros

Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 Coupé 1974 | Gallery Aaldering

2) 1974 - Blue, with 88K km's for 129,000 Euros

Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2 Coupé 1974 | Gallery Aaldering

3) 1974 - Red, with a claimed 102K km's for 129,000 Euros

Ferrari 365 GT4 2+2, original condition, European car, one of only 525 built! Coupé 1974 | Gallery Aaldering

I had never seen a rearview mirror on a 365/400/412 before like the one on the red one in the first post above. However, one similar to it also found its way onto the blue 365 within this post also. Any takers as to this style of mirror?

Another note - the 2nd red one within this post seems to sport what appear to be incorrect 400 front lenses and/or rearview mirrors? For 129,000 Euros?

12. VEEP

VEEP Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2005
    Overasselt
    as far as I know italian cars in the years they were build were deliverd without any outside mirrors.
    The last one has later type mirrors indeed.
    But I think the kind of mirror is the last thing to worry about with these cars.
    It may tell something however about the attention a restauration is done.