5-speed for sale | FerrariChat

5-speed for sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by carguy246, Oct 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
  2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Nice color. Anyone know what kind of rims and tires are on this car, they look wider than most and I think it looks good.

3. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wasn't this car discussed here previously when Forza Classic cars had it for sale....within 6-8 months ago? Price then hovered around 27k ?
    Jack

4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    They are the standard TRX 415mm wheels and Michelin 240/55-415. And yes,they do look more beefy and sure fits the lines of the car :)

5. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

6. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    When I bought mine, she was fitted with TRX 240/45ZR415.
    Looked wider only because they were lower (hope it is understandable, not sur how to translate it, sorry).
    Could be an explanation here cause it looks like tires don't fill the wing as they should.

Imho "original" tires look better cause they fill the space... And furthermore, when I put them on, the car was nearly 1 cm higher which is not much but really appreciable when you drive above a speed-bump (if it is the appropriate translation for "dos d'âne"...) :)

7. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Looks like a nice car... The only thing that stuck out to me as odd are the fuel distributors which are all silver (e.g. bolts are no longer anodized) like they may have been spray painted silver.

Has anyone ever seen this on other cars?

Cheers!

Rubem

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jack,

Here is the thread on the car (chassis 31725):

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/448466-ebay-400i-5speed-us.html#post143142889

Now with an asking price of $62500 USD.

When I add doc on a car I always include the Chassis number (if known) to make it easy to search for a particular car.

Cheers,

Sam

9. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    This dealer is just down the road from me, I'm sorely tempted to go and have a look at it although they'd have to do a lot better than $62k for me to even consider taking a punt on it.

10. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I remember not buying a mint 1966 tripower corvette for what was then massive money. Today's prices confirm it was ridiculously low and I seriously wish I'd bought it.

Chris, I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll see prices rise soon enough to make you wish you hadnt said that.

Sometimes you have to take a punt and see where it leads.

11. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    I think you could be spot on there! They've also got a 365 GTC/4 which seems like great value compared to what others are asking for them at the moment, would love to reinstate the Oro Kelso colour scheme!

On an aside, there's a very good chance my posting to Houston won't be permanent, when re-importing a Ferrari to the EU/UK would import duty be payable?

12. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hi Christopher, I'm curious: what's your take on what this car should be going for instead of $62K? I've got no interest in this particular car, other than trying to get a sense for where others think the market is.

Cheers!

Ruben

13. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    The 240/45's are called TRX GT and can be seen at page 6,post 119 in this thread : http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/310857-how-about-some-pictures-our-365-400-412s.html And again here : https://ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-400I-34845

They sure look wrong on these cars..

A

14. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #14 rustytractor, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It varies country to country but importing a car over 30 years old into the UK is different to newer cars and it also varies again if you've owned the car for over 6 months (I think). Seeing as all 365-412 cars are over 30 years old this should apply.

Here's an extract from a site I found which may help:-

"Is the vehicle you are importing into the UK over 30 years old?Customs now allow certain cars older than 30 years old into the UK without paying any duty and just 5% VAT – the car has to be in original form with no major modifications to engine, chassis etc. There are different conditions that must be met but it is best to apply with customs early if you think your vehicle may fit the criteria (for more information please see our article ‘BTI Scheme 9705‘)"

Here's the actual link:-
    How much import duty?? - ShipMyCar

Also, once a car has been imported to one EU country and any applicable duty and vat paid there's no cost to import it from one EU country to another. I've just bought a white1962 Cadillac Hearse from Germany (yeah - I know I'm odd!) and it was delivered door to door on a transporter. I have to register it under the NOVA scheme (Notification of vehicle arrival) which will confirm that any duty due has been paid. I can't register the car in the UK until I have the NOVA number.

I know it's off topic but here's a photo of the hearse.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    Oh don't get me wrong, the car could well be worth every cent of what they're asking, it's more to do with personal circumstances than anything else. It has been well over a year since I've had a serious look at the prices of these cars, and there appears to have been a fair jump in asking price; it doesn't seem all too long ago that they were languishing in the $20-30k range, although they were probably all autos.

16. MillSpeed

MillSpeed Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Miller
    Thanks Russell, and cool Caddy by the way! I used to have a white '73 Sedan DeVille which I *think* is still sat in a barn in Oklahoma. I should probably do something with it!

17. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Based on what I have seen in the market in the last 6 months, price seems very fair to me. I guess we will find out when we see how long it takes to sell.

18. chromapilot

chromapilot Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Vladimir
    hi there, i'm pleased to announce that i've finally made the plunge and purchased the vehicle in question. its new home will be prague, as soon as it gets delivered i'll let you guys know if it is really as good as i think it is... can't wait.
    And to answer some of the questions: the final purchase price was 53,500, which seems fair i think. i'm new to this forum but look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all better !

19. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Beautiful car - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When you do get it, start a new thread please, so as to start "fresh"! Welcome, welcome!

20. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Anybody notice this is a Series 1 car with dual a/c?

21. chromapilot

chromapilot Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Vladimir
    noticed that, just thought that was an optional feature. is it unusual ?

22. chromapilot

chromapilot Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Vladimir
    will do, thanks !

23. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not sure anybody really knows the answer. A lot of cars had it but your car seems pretty early so I was a little surprised to see it there.

24. chromapilot

chromapilot Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Vladimir
    interesting, i'll definitely look into that a bit more...