Seat Pivot Covers | FerrariChat

Seat Pivot Covers

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rzinger, Nov 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rzinger

rzinger Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 rzinger, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, anyone know where I can find the plastic trim pieces that cover the seat pivots on an '86 412? All the mounting pins on mine are broken, they just end up sitting on the floor. I would think there is a cross reference part somewhere but have not been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I solved this question (at least for me) at least fifteen years ago. Put a small dab of silicone adhesive onto where the mounting tabs have broken from. This has worked wonders for me. Just use your noggin and don't apply very much. Removal without breaking is a cinch. Now on to more serious problems. Thank You so very much. Jq.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I seem to recall that someone on this forum a year or two ago was fabricating some of these out of metal that would be more durable.

Maybe you can find that thread in a search or someone on here will remember.

Good luck!

4. rzinger

rzinger Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks Jacques, one of mine is actually cracked in half so I will have to replace it...

5. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Okay...I've encountered a broken cover also,fifteen years ago. Not to worry ,all is not lost. Get some epoxy just for plastic..the find apiece of something or other to glue to the back side for strength, letting some of the epoxy ooze through the weld seam to the front side, and smear it very flat. let it set/harden at least overnight. Sand the surface smoooooth, clean it. and paint it with several layers in your choice of color with at least three thin coats. If you just take your time, I defy you to detect the mend on the front side. Perfect. Next question. I hope that this is of some use to someone. Thank you very much. Jq..