Rear Cavallino | FerrariChat

Rear Cavallino

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Simple question -

I believe that this is the actual part number for the prancing horse in all 400 series on the right/passenger side of the license plate holder:

253-44-302-02

I found it once again at Eurospares for 14.00 GBP, but I'm not inclined to pay the $50.00 US shipping as I did on a previous order from them. Does anyone know the exact measurement in mm? I attempted to perform a search on eBay for the part number, but was unsuccessful. I have to imagine that this part has been used on other models, hence the possibility of perhaps having an alternate part number?

I ordered a cavallino badge for my car, but its too big and it bothers me how it looks. I think the one I have is 110 mm, or 4.3 inches, and it's fine if you want to use it in the front grill, but looks a bit large next to the tail light.

I attempted to source it from one other domestic parts supplier, but it seems they're also passing on the price of shipping from overseas. Should I just be happy that someone has it and bit the bullet by paying what's being asked, despite the attractive price (minus shipping) from Eurospares?

Part number(s) and measurements appreciated.

2. Playframe King

Playframe King Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
  3. Playframe King

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
    #3 Playframe King, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    and this guy reportedly selling 400 spare parts
    [email protected]

and Maranello say the superceeded part is indeed the medium horsey
    Motif Prancing Horse Medium Chrome
    (60032109)
    Part Image
    RRP $31.44 (GBP £20.88)
    Motif Prancing Horse Medium Chrome
    limited stock...

4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I performed a subsequent search on eBay, as my preference would be to source one stateside (shipping from the UK, in order to ensure guaranteed delivery via parcel - has become a factor).

I typed ferrari horse emblem and came back with many varying results. I am hopeful someone can chime in with the appropriate size in cm/mm for the part, along with part numbers, and a source if at all possible.

Many thanks for the help, Playframe!

5. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    Every few months I send a pallet of goods from the UK to Florida, so I could easily add one of these (from Eurospares). Presumably my chap there could then post it to you for just a few bucks. PM me if you think this will help you out.

6. Playframe King

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
    could you measure yours Ewan? I offerred pretty much the same service via PM - i have friends who travel to US regularly who would take over and drop off at a UPS for onward del to Otto - lets make the world smaller....

7. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #7 Part Time, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    My rear horse badge measures just a fraction under 8cm in height.

9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Russ at Ferrparts was supposed to grab one of the several they have for sale on eBay currently and match it up to the one in a 400i parts car they have. He tried selling me that one for essentially the same/higher price than what they're offering on eBay, perhaps unintentionally. However, I hope to hear back from him mañana; otherwise, I'll go on to the next stateside vendor. I will post a pic of how the one I bought and Michel installed is disproportionately large (the 4.5 inch one) in comparison to the brake light for that very specific area. It almost makes it look as if I was skimping on details, and I really ought to have researched this more prior to wasting the monies on the buying the wrong sized one.

10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #10 OttoB, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So, I ended up buying the right-sized one off eBay, at the time of the previous posting above. However, it was too late! Holes had already been made to fit the larger cavallino and too much work would have been required to fill those holes out, repaint the entire taillight section, and then be able to install the smaller, correct one pictured below. As such, I will have to live with the bigger cavallino and can offer the smaller one for sale to whomever sends me an offer, to include shipping, that they think is reasonable. Condition-wise, on a scale of 1-10, its a 10.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi Otto - Do you have a link / part number for the Eurospares one? I can't seem to find it.

12. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Many thanks.