Fuel hose size | FerrariChat

Fuel hose size

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    My question is for AK Jim. Could you possibly tell me what i.d. size is that wonderful long fuel line that runs fore to aft that you replaced?
    Also, thank you for a most wonderful tutorial on the routing and methodology, and doing great down-field blocking on this one. Thank you ever so much. Jq.

2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I used 5/16. I originally tried 3/8 but could not get it to fit through the body. I used Gates fuel line designed for fuel injection systems, not because of the pressure but because it holds up better to the strange gas we have these days.

3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    need a combination of 6, 8 & 10mm SAE J30 R-12 Ethanol-safe fuel hose. There's also some 5mm and 16mm fuel/vapor hose. Dave at SRI sells the 55x85mm filler hose for $138... also needed are 2 35x105mm houses between the tanks for $75/ea. Change your fuel filter while you're in there.

4. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    If you do not specifically have ethanol safe fuel hose you should change it all now, or carry a big fire extinguisher.

5. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Thank you all so very much for the wonderful and informative responses I will pursue the forthwith, and begin refitting as soon as I buy my new lift. Jq.

6. skl63

skl63 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    So did Ferrari use metric or imperial sized fuel hose?