Parts Car in Germany | FerrariChat

Parts Car in Germany

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Nov 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #1 OttoB, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    While scrolling through another excellent and favorite website of mine, BringaTrailer.com, I was surprised when I stumbled upon this:

Blue Light Special: Series II Ferrari 400i Basketcase Project | Bring a Trailer

It links an advertisement to a listing on eBay Germany for an unspecified model year 400i:

Ferrari 400i for Parts or Project | eBay

The description, provided in both German and English, states:

"You are bidding on a rolling Chassis including Body of a Ferrari 400i Automatic LHD Series 2.

Complete Powertrain with Engine (no ancillary parts), Gearbox, Differential, Axles and Steering present. Steering linkages, Brake-system and rear self-levelling system etc. are missing. Exhaust including manifolds present – looks usable. Front and rear Screen damaged. Ideal for building a Ferrari-based project. The auction does only cover the car you can see, nothing else – „What you see is what you get“

Engine not blocked. Car is sold as defect parts car. No papers, sold with a bill of sale. Euro 500,- instant payment required; car needs to be picked up within 10 days against cash only. Transport at reasonable rates can be arranged with 3rd party.

Private Sale – no warranty / no returns"

Notice how they deliberately crossed off the car's VIN no. It ought to be interesting to see where the auction takes the price to and as always, the comments section on all BAT listings are very amusing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The only reason that I can think of for not disclosing the serial number on a car like this is that the car might be stolen.

3. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    I contacted the guy back in the summer when in Germany on some parts;no answer either through ebay or email. Just fyi.

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I believe I have an oil line (pump to cooler) from this car. My dealings were legitimate with the seller.
    Ken