79 400i Auburn Auction Sept 26805 | FerrariChat

79 400i Auburn Auction Sept 26805

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rrbnut, Nov 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrbnut

rrbnut Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2015
    Carlsbad San Diego
    Full Name:
    Klaus Reichardt
    Just saw in latest Sports Car Market, did not see it here listed,just fyi, Worldwide Auctioeers,
    Blue with tan interior Sold for $33k Condition 3+ good paint with some scratches and rock chips older Twx tires, good alloys, newer radio. S/N shown as F1010CL26805

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Such a beautiful color....

3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #4 OttoB, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The car is being listed on Ebay now as well - I reckon they are aggressively marketing the car for sale... The scary part is that since it was last offered for sale in 2013, it has barely covered 60 miles total!

This is the actual link to the listing, whereas the link in the preceding post above simply takes you to when the car was previously discussed in this forum in 2013:

Ferrari Other 400A | eBay

I wonder if any of the current bidders belong to FChat? The car looks to be in reasonably good condition, but I wonder why its been mothballed for the last 2 years +?

I also see the owner of the dealership, MotoeXotica, in every single broadcast of Barrett-Jackson, Mecum , etc. - heck, I even saw him selling a '79 Camaro on the show Fast & Loud. Anyone have any experience with him/dealership? They always are well stocked with interesting rides...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    #5 Al Campbell, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    "What Lies Beneath" is not just a movie about a murderous professor stashing his wife at the bottom of a lake but is an important point to check in any car sale, particularly one advertised on the internet!

Aside from the obvious front end work and new tires that will be needed, those dark spots underneath the engine area portend of some pretty hefty oil leaks if that car was moved into position for that photo.

Did you take that photo Al? If so, what else can you tell us?

6. Al Campbell

Al Campbell Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2013
    Australia
    I don't know anything about this car.
    This is one of the photo's the seller put up on the ebay listing. It raises a few questions doesn't it!

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day John,

Needing new tires is one thing, but the wear pattern does not look quite right to me... If the suspension, ball joints, etc are good, then the tire should wear evenly across its surface... which is not what I am seeing here. That being said...as with all used cars, and especially those that can cost a lot to be sorted, a thorough PPI should be done.

Cheers,

Sam

8. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yup, the tire wear indicates that front end work is needed. Could be as simple as alignment, caster and camber or bushings and other front end work that would be much more expensive.