365/400 Radio | FerrariChat

365/400 Radio

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rustytractor, Jan 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Would any 365 GT4 or 400 have been fitted with a Blaupunkt radio/cassette from the factory ?

My 1974 365 has one and a 1979 400 I've seen has the same unit.

I'm fairly sure that this was a common enough unit to retrofit back in the day, I just thought I'd double check.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I had a Becker GP put in my 365. all the 400's came with a radio. but I never turn one on so I have no idea what is in any of my cars. the becker look nice.

3. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    #3 Arvid, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    what is that? please. also. did any 365 come with the rear AC option. I have acquired the components off a 400 to change mine over if the did. but I do not want to mess the car up. as to the Becker , I put one in with a SW band. I use to love to listed to the overseas stations.

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not rare, they all have that feature! :)

6. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Dammit...

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    But you do the same thing as me......when you're sitting at a traffic light do you look down and straighten it out?

8. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Yes I do,but it only lasts a short while. A minute or two maybe... I know,I ought to seek help :)

9. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Mitchell, I wish I could tell You which Blaupunkt model I have. All I know is that it was probably a fairly expencive model with auto-seek and some,for its time,advanced functions.

I once tried to remove it through its slot but it has some kind of extra add-on box attatched on top of it. So it is really almost twice the thickness. Probably has to do with the radio receiving.

It is a lovely unit and suits this old car perfectly :) Are You looking for one or something like it ?

10. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    Hi Russ, can you let me know which Blaupunkt model you have? I'm unsure if they were factory equipped with a radio. I would not be surprised if this was done by the local dealer on request of the buyer. Obviously it would be equipped with a high end radio. The Ferrari brochure shows a Voxson Quadrophonic Stereo Q8 (very rare).

Hi Arvid, it looks like you have the same model as mine. Check my blog and see if you recognise it: Ferrari 400: radio

Hi Mitchell, to my best knowledge only the 400i had rear airco as an option.

11. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Erwin, I don't know the model number but I'll check tomorrow and let you know - I'll also take a photo so you can see for yourself.

Even if Blaupunkt were fitted to new 365/400's I think the one in my car is too modern to be the original one.

12. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I seem to remember the Voxson being installed but 8-track decks went out of style pretty quickly after that & I wouldn't doubt many of the earlier cars were upgraded by their owners at some point to something more modern. I'm thinking the Becker Mexico cassette units would have been your other alternative back in the day.

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hahahaa...I do the same thing. hilarious.

14. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Thank You Erwin,now I finally know what type it is. It looks to be the same - Blaupunkt Heidelberg Stereo CR Super Arimat. What a mouthful :) Very cool and correct radio.

Brian & Dave - I have bought the original bushing kit to remedy the turning gear knob. As I understand it is a pig to change.

15. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, um, good luck with that. :)

16. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    So,it actually is that bad... Seems I would have to combine this job with some Grappa :)

17. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    And when you've done yours you can come and fix mine as well. That way soon you'll be an expert and will be able to charge millions to fix other peoples gear knobs.

See ? By letting you do mine I'm actually helping you !!!

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    <laughing>

19. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John

Interesting because I wasn't aware that all of the manual transmission cars seem to have this quirky affliction. I thought it was just mine but it didn't bother me enough to investigate doing anything about it other than a slightly OCD turning it the right way as part of the pre-flight routine!

20. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Don't feel bad; apparently we're all a little OCD, screwed in the head, nutty, ACDC, whatever, since in addition to all 5-speeds having that quirk apparently all drivers of said cars have the affliction of screwing with the knob all the time.

21. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I'm so OCD I twist the auto shifter through 45 degrees when I get in the car just so I can twist it back level at the first set of lights.

Beat that !!

22. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    I believe all 365/400/412s were factory equipped with radios. 365s had Voxsons (as per the brochure), whilst 400s and 412s had Blaupunkts. 400i S2s had Blaupunkt Torontos and 412s had Blaupunkt New Yorks. I don't know the Blaupunkt model of the earlier 400s.

All 400s had the rear air-con option (including carb), but not the 365 GT4 2+2.

23. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, the rear air conditioning (often called "dual a/c" for front and back, not side to side) was an option until it became standard on the 412.

24. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #24 Ashman, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Would that be 45 degrees left or 45 degrees right? ;)

Edit: Auto shifter??? Whoa, that's wrong, simply just wrong! :D