OEM windshield branding/marking for a series 2 400i? | FerrariChat

OEM windshield branding/marking for a series 2 400i?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by JAnastas, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles
    So, I'm sourcing a new windshield, what's the "tells" that it's OEM/correct vs. aftermarket?

On my car now, with the cracked windshield, the side glass is all etched w/ the same brand/markings, but not the windshield, which seems to have nothing.

Yet, it's got a VERY old dealer sticker and the tire pressure/size decal on it, so if it's NOT OEM, it's OLD aftermarket.

How can I tell on the replacement?

Thanks.

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Look a little closer a little below & to the right of the tire pressure sticker. I don't know if anyone would have bothered installing the tire pressure sticker on a replacement windshield...
    The Brand/marking reads as follows, the top line "Made in West Germany", the second line contains the SIGLA logo, the third line "S-FF ~~~D-168,
    the fourth line is "-AS-1 DOT 25 M 90", the fifth line "DGM 33783 VSP", the sixth line "ll E-00036", the seventh line "ll E1 (with a circle around E1) 43R-001050", &
    the eighth line "WHPLF".
    Would have uploaded a pic but F-chat says I'm max'd. out on attachments & I haven't quite figured out how to edit them to upload more pics :(

3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #3 Part Time, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just a little late to the party, while I was out in the garage snapping pics, my neighbor was describing what I also have on my glass.
    ( it is straight-up on the glass )

Gary
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JAnastas

JAnastas Karting

Nov 24, 2013
    Los Angeles