UK ebay | FerrariChat

UK ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Herbberb, Apr 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Car didn't meet its reserve and the highest bid was £36K ($50,727 USD)... It's a very nice looking car for sure!

2. Pyrford Ranger

Pyrford Ranger Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    strong bidding for a UK Auto on Ebay.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Previous high bid is around the correct value I'd say.

4. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Bear with me on this.

Yesterday I bought a complete used stainless steel exhaust from a 400i, I put Nathan76 in contact with the seller and he also bought quite a few bits for himself inc. the bootlid he was after.

It turns out that the seller of the lovely 400i on sale in this thread had another one which was lightly rolled (I believe) and used parts from this car and the rolled car to make one good one. That was 4 years ago and the parts have been laying around since that time. I could be wrong here but I believe the seller is quite seriously unwell hence the car is for sale.

This looks like a lovely car - the reserve not met bid of around £36k was good but if it is sells for the current BIN asking price it's quite a step forward for the 400i in auto form.

I wish the seller good luck with both the sale and overcoming his health issues.

5. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    The £36k bid was too low and right to be rejected. There's no loner any good condition Ferrari that starts in the £30k mark. The BIN price seems reasonable enough to me, as long as the car is as nice as it seems in the ad.

6. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    We always knew that values would eventually increase for these great cars, maybe the time is finally here. When I renewed my insurance with Hagerty in December I increased the 365 agreed value to £80k to be on the safe side but left the 400a at either £30k or £35k (can't remember).

This 400ia is pretty much a twin for my 39k miles 400a carb which (as this 400i appears in the pix) is in excellent condition.

To avoid it being under insured, can I get opinions from Fchat members on what value I should put on the 400?

Strange. Now it'll cost us all more to keep the cars we love insured just because the world has opened its eyes and minds. If you're selling your car that's good, if you're not the recognition just costs you money. Double edged sword or what 😆

7. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    I'd say it's likely to cost you £45k (very approximately) to buy a replacement car in similar condition, should the worst happen such as yours being stolen or written-off. So you need to up your insurance by at least £10k I'd suggest. And I probably need to do the same for mine.

8. PeterMercedes

PeterMercedes Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My insurance company have accepted an agreed value of £55k for my 400i auto. Of course ithe insurance costs more than if it was insured for £35k, but I assume that if the company agree to that value it must at least be in the right area.

9. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Russ
    Thanks once again for the tip on the parts. That's the true power of the people on this forum.

10. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I'm sure we all hope that isn't the case, or wish him well if it is the case.
    I did have to chuckle a bit when I read the description "Full major engine service just completed including 12 high quality spark plugs, all oil and fluids, gearbox oil and all filters." I'm thinking that those are the ancillary bits that are included in a full major…I'm curious of the of the full major details :D

11. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Probably also changed the cam belt as well 😬

12. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #14 Pyrford Ranger, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  13. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  14. Herbberb

Herbberb Rookie

Aug 10, 2015
    It looks like this could be the summer we see some real upwards pressure on prices.

They do still seem ludicrously cheap when considered against other Ferrari's, and pretty much anything else interesting come to think of it.