It's for sale again ! | FerrariChat

It's for sale again !

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by rustytractor, Apr 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
  2. Pyrford Ranger

Pyrford Ranger Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Was it in that condition when you turned it down for 25k Russell

3. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I saw the car around 3 years ago exactly as is. It was dusty, in a dingy double garage in Golders Green, no tax, no MoT. The guy wouldn't get it out but started it and fumed up the garage. I could see it was a good car but he wouldn't budge on the price even though I couldn't test drive the car. He wanted £30k, full stop. At the time £20k - £25k was the right price. On the day I bought mine for £21k I tried one last time to buy the car but again he wouldn't budge.

A few months later (way after I'd bought my blue 365) a friend of mine either went to see it or spoke to the guy on the phone and said the car could be bought for £25k but he'd offered £23k. Neither of us bought it, both of us should have !

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Just as a suggestion, titling the thread with its chassis # to start with & each subsequent post of the car on that one thread would keep all pertinent info. in chronological order without having to search through numerous threads. This is the 3rd thread on this car that I could find….just a suggestion.

Also noticed that the chassis # is 18815 & the motor # is 18815, I never knew #'s match. My 400i has a motor # that's different than the chassis #, are 365's different? And if so, when did the matching chassis/motor # end :confused:

5. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    The engine number is not 18815, it will be a 3 or 4 digit number at the end. Ferrari stopped using matching chassis/engine numbers even before the 365 GTC/4 was launched in 1971.
    Not all auction houses realise this and/or can be bothered to check the engine number.

David