Gas tank fuel lever gauge Mechanism | FerrariChat

Gas tank fuel lever gauge Mechanism

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, May 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Hello...What ohm range does the fuel tank level mechanism operate at. And..also what size is the fuel hose from the fuel filter to the fuel distributor. Thank you all ever so much in advance. Jq.

2. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hello, Jacques....I have done some meter work on my fuel gage a while ago...it did not work when I got the car, the ground wire leaves the meter connection and heads into the wire loom along with the power antenna wires.....my ground wire was not grounded, so I made my own ground wire and joined to the tail lamp ground screw. Works great now, even the low fuel warning comes on. I can get my meter out next weekend and get some readings for you if you can wait.
    As far as fuel lines..( since you mention you have injection ) ..from the tanks to the pumps, I used local sourced hose, the type used for hand cranked or electric fuel pumps that are found in farming or constuction trucks mounted in the bed, I will look for pn.
    From the pump to filter, and to pressure accumulator, there is braided lines, then to the front is steel line with a section of flexible hi-pressure plastic line up to the fuel dist unit.....there is also a return pipe from the fuel unit back to the tank thru the trunk, it is common fuel hose at the back end.

Gary

3. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Thank you so much. Jq.

4. Tomg

Tomg Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Minnesota
    I have not verified this independently but when I was searching for such information a few weeks ago I came up with 33-240 ohms for the sender. Which is pretty much the standard for aftermarket gauges.

I'm thinking about getting some custom made stainless tanks to replace my leaking Al tanks which started me on my quest to ID an appropriate sending unit.