Swapped out my load levelers for a set of coilovers. | FerrariChat

Swapped out my load levelers for a set of coilovers.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, May 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    A couple of years ago I rebuilt my rear suspension. I sent the A arms off to Dave Helms and he did an outstanding job. He replaced the bushings, powder coated the spreader plates and cad plated the actual arms them selves. Along with new rubber inboard bushings I also replaced all of the outboard steel bushings (as a side note I had to replace mine because they had been dry for quite a while, so be sure to check yours as the parts are big $). I also sent my shocks and load levelers off to be rebuilt. The car drove great but the load levelers eventually went kaput and the back of the car was down in the weeds. Rather than screwing with the load levelers anymore I ordered a set of the coilovers. All I can say is I should have done this the first time around. The car drives really nice with these in place.

PS, the swap was extremely easy. Took longer to jack the car up than it took to do the swap.

2. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Great news....did you take any pics and also where did you get the coilovers?

3. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    part numbers?

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    +1!

+1!

I'm also curious how you disabled the hydraulic pump...

5. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    #5 Ak Jim, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    The 400i top mount is very different and would need to be a different system. Concept can be the same if someone is willing to make the parts.
    Ken