1981 Ferrari 400i Convertible Chassis 35365 | FerrariChat

1981 Ferrari 400i Convertible Chassis 35365

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, May 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #1 OttoB, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Stumbled upon this listing and per the owner, this convertible conversion has been given plenty of attention in order to warrant the $100K asking price as indicated in the link below:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ferrari/400i/1835454.html

I have never seen one with this much woodwork in the interior which makes it matter of personal taste, obviously. I do recall another forum member returning a convertible he bought on eBay a couple of months ago (sans delivery of same), so perhaps he could look into this one instead.

I was not able to upload more than the single picture below based on the Hemmings website and my limited computer skills - Sam?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Strong asking, I hope they get it! It looks beautiful on the outside, but the wood would not really be my first choice. To each their own!

Ruben

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I love it in grey, keep the wood and Straman's work.
    Seller's prose and name dropping won't get him that price.

4. MathKernelKing

MathKernelKing Karting

Jun 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Why didn't he get a Rolls Royce if he wanted all that gaudy wood trim everywhere? He should actually join our rolls royce vs 400i thread!

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    No thanks OttoB, I bought another convertible instead. The one I had bought was much cheaper too and I'm still waiting for the seller to send me some more money he owe me for the car I never got.

BTW beware of this car and seller(the one I bought)his name is Thomas Russland in NJ business name Import 1 motorsport.9

6. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    I though this looked 400i looked familiar, I looked thru old downloaded photos and came across a bunch of photos of what I am sure is the same car (how many 400i's have this kind of wood work). The photos where taken in a parking lot and the 400i was for sale asking 40K about 2 years ago.

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Well, congrats are in order then for your subsequent 2nd purchase!!! By all means, start a new thread to let us know more about this one! God knows you had a rough ownership start with the first one!

8. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    #8 any_1, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017