412 seat adjustment | FerrariChat

412 seat adjustment

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by MOS, Jun 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MOS

MOS Rookie

Mar 26, 2015
    Rotterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have been following this forum for a while since I own a manual 412 for about a year now. I love the car, and think the in- and exterior are absolutely gorgeous to look at. The ride is fantastic as well; so smooth and quick.

I have not been driving the car a lot over the past year (plan to change that), and so I am still getting to know the car. One thing I do not get is what the purpose is of the seat adjustment lever underneath the front seats, especially since the car has three way electrical seat adjustment. The instruction manual does not really explain how the seat can be adjusted when the lever is moved to the right, and I can not move the seat in any direction when I try. Maybe it is stuck.

Hope you can help out with some explanation. Thanks.

2. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015
    Mark, the lever moves the seat forward and back. It's like the "pulls" to open the hood, trunk and gas fill door, when the power or the switch fails. I experienced the same "issue" when my 412 sat too long. These cars love to be driven and enjoyed or they get "cranky".

3. MOS

MOS Rookie

Mar 26, 2015
    Rotterdam, NL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks a lot.
    Nice jobs to work on next winter.