Marelli distributors | FerrariChat

Marelli distributors

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Jun 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I just got my bill from Marelli to repair the damage done by the prior shop and overhaul both. $2,200. Bargain no one was qualified. My opinion. These were damn difficult and impossible without the factory tools

2. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Doing those distributors correctly requires real talent and experience... Hopefully you used the reference I provided a while back. The workmanship on the pair he did for me was spectacular. The price was not insignificant.

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Its not rocket science and there are several qualified places. You do need a distributor machine though. I would love to know what was needed that added up to $2200 besides the ferrari tax they added to the bill.

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Always glad to hear from Mitchell, hope he's feeling OK.

5. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    No kidding, as long as Ol' Mitch is getting screwed by some shop things are not all bad. Give 'em Hell!

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Most shops labor rate is around 150/hr and there are two distributors. So that would be about 7 hours on each, which depending on how screwed up they were doesn't sound too far off. I don't think these are as straight foward as the older Amercan distributors. But really for that kind of money you could probably put a crank trigger on and run a distributor less system and never have to touch it again.