New garage mate to the 412 | FerrariChat

New garage mate to the 412

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Il Tifoso, Jul 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hi all,

My 412 will soon have a new garage mate... Details here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/456-550-575-sponsored-bradan/526347-new-addition-stable.html

The differences between the two cars is astonishing... Coming from the 412, the 456 feels very familiar in many ways (somewhat reminiscent interior layout, body proportions, a certain "feel") but WAY modernized and updated. You can tell that these cars were designed a good 20 years apart.

I've not gotten to drive the 456 much yet, but the power and torque differential is substantial relative to the 412. However, while I love the 456, it's definitely missing some of the 412's vintage charm and uniqueness.

I'll share more thoughts and side by side pics when the 456 arrives.

Anyone here own either 365/400/412 and a 456?

Cheers!

Ruben

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Wait till you move up to a 612. :)

Regardless, enjoy as you move your way up through the ranks.

3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Thanks Adam - I'm kind of out of garage space as well as time to keep up with the current stable, but I look forward to sampling a 612 at some point. :)

Cheers!

Ruben

4. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    Hi Ruben,
    I have both a 412 and 456. Both manual and both excellent cars but totally different.
    412 more old school (but not as classic as an early 400/365), 456 shows what has been learned from the Japanese/ Germans.
    For my tastes the 612 is too big and I don't like the shape.
    Enjoy them both.

5. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #5 southnc, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Like the 365/400/412, you have to really see a 612 in-person to appreciate it. The larger size is due to the mid-front engine design that offers better handling. Its the last 2+2 with traditional rear-wheel drive only, last 2+2 to have a MT available, and last of the belted V12 engines (related to those used in 456, 550, and 575).

It's Fiorano track time is on par with the Legendary F40 and faster than a 360. It is a very serious performance car that will surprise you - and anyone who messes with you.

Prices are very good right now, but have begun creeping up lately.

Below is mine (HGTS version) that was delivered right after a snow storm a while back.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Beautiful ride Adam! I believe your 612 may be the same color combo as my 456: Canna di Fucile over tan?

Funny thing about 456s for me - until recently, I'd mainly seen them in pics and always thought they were too jellybean looking... How wrong I was - pictures do not do 456s justice as in person they have (IMHO) some of the most beautiful lines Pinninfarina has penned and very much looks like a modernized Daytona, using many of the same styling cues.

I've not spent a lot of time taking in 612 in person, but will definitely do so... Like the 456, I think it will be captivating in person.

Cheers!

Ruben

7. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #7 southnc, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ruben,

Thanks for the nice comments.

Mine is Grigio Silverstone over Cuoio with Black Daytona Stripes. (See pic below).

I would definitely say the 456 is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever produced. I really like it's clean design and it looks great in pictures as well.

Sadly, the classic gentlemen Ferrari - the beautiful car that cloaks a ferocious race car - is long gone; replaced by the new edgy design whose main mission is to attract attention and be easy to drive.

What I like about the 612 (and all of its 2+2 predecessors) is they don't scream "Hey - don't mess with me, I'm a Ferrari"; instead, they scream "Too Late!". ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Ruben

Lucky guy. I absolutely love the 456 - always have. It is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever. Your color combo is superb.

Aidan

9. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Thanks Aidan. The car is getting some TLC at Norwood Auto Italia in Dallas. I can't wait for it to get here. :)

Cheers!

Ruben

10. ablee2323

ablee2323 Rookie

Apr 22, 2015
    That is a nice 612. Great specs. I have a Mirabeu Blu 2005. And I just love it. Your post, is a reminder to be appreciative of this magnificent beauty.