Fuel lines from pump and cover - advice on replacement | FerrariChat

Fuel lines from pump and cover - advice on replacement

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by MathKernelKing, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MathKernelKing

MathKernelKing Karting

Jun 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Noah
    #1 MathKernelKing, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would like to replace my fuel lines coming out of my fuel pumps. Has anyone done this, and do they have any advice? These parts are not available anywhere.

Specifically, the parts I need come from 400i manual Table 9 - Fuel Tanks, Pumps, Lines

46. 115605 - fuel line (2)*
    47. 113681 - fuel line (2)*
    48. 111644 - banjo fitting (2)*
    50. 116778 - fuel line (2)*
    73. 105078 - fuel pump cover driver's side (1)*

Has anyone ever replaced their fuel pump cover as well?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hello, Noah.....
    about a year or so ago I replaced both fuel pumps and the hose from the center tank fittings to the pumps. I brought an original sample hose to my local NAPA store and they matched it up to the fuel hose used on portable fuel tanks and those you see mounted in the back of pickup trucks. I think it was from Goodyear and they showed me the specs which stated it was approved for all types of fuel and various other chemicals.
    Sorry but can't help with the other braided hoses, except that there should be a local business that makes hoses for marine, heavy equipment or performance, just have them copy yours.
    The cover plate on the bottom is the same piece of sheet metal for both sides, just bent in the opposite way, Home Depot has the aluminum, use the one you have to trace onto paper, cut it out, and bend it the other way, drill holes.....it's there to protect the pump/accumulator assy...just in case you run over a squirrel he won't hit his head on the pump.

Gary

PS: change the fuel return lines from the steel lines thru into the trunk and back to the tanks while you are under there, standard fuel line from NAPA.

3. fcf

fcf Rookie

Jan 30, 2015
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
  4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Use the translation feature. It works wonderfully. Thank you Frank. Jq.