Wiper Blades | FerrariChat

Wiper Blades

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Highmiler, Oct 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Does anyone know where to get replacement wiper blades or inserts?
    Greg

2. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    My local auto parts place still sells the old-looking wipers and blade inserts. The newer blade type look wrong on an old car.

3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    I have a spare set of refills that fit my 85 400, I can get you brand and part number when I get home tonite, yup, available a year ago from my local auto parts store, just had to match them up.

Gary

4. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Greg, my refills are from CarQuest, # 454-190 and # 454-180....19 inches & 18 inches, most auto parts stores should be able to cross/reference these pn's to their own brand.
    They fit my 1985 400i.

Gary

5. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks for the lead.
    How has your garage faired in the recent weather?
    Greg

6. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Somewhere along the trail of life mine got 2 19 inch blades. I'll get on of each this time. Which side uses the 18 inch blade.
    Thanks,
    Greg

7. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hi, Greg.....car is fine, the rain covered the street at it's peak, but only got to bottom of the driveway.
    It's a wood frame house built in '81 and has survived 4 hurricanes in the last 32 years since we have been here. Some say the wood homes "give" a little, where as the cbs or brick homes crack under stress.....whatever, we made it. I did have hurricane bars inside the garage door, and a plastic bertha panel studded to the people access door at the side. I also covered the car 3 deep with old blankets, only because I did not have enough bubble wrap to "wrap it"....ha, ha..
    Took down the rest of the shutters this am, still some plants and branches to trim, the curb in front is already filled with storm debris.
    We lived in St. Louis for 25 yrs, had a couple of tornados blow thru, with much higher wind speed and little warning, down here we can watch the storm on tv for a week and get ready.......actually would rather be here.

Gary

8. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Greg, 19 on left, 18 on rt......12k mi originals I took off were trash.
    Where in Mo. are you ? (City ?)

Gary

9. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Gravois Mills is on the north side of The Lake of the Ozarks. It is south of Jefferson City about 50 miles. We have our choice of KCI or St. Louis Lambert for airports. Each is 3 hours away.
    Greg

10. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    NAPA has a line called "classic" for older cars wiper blades. These are complete blades, but are the insert type. Easy to remove the blade inserts and slide into the Ferrari's. Ask for them to look into that catalog as they are not stocked in the store; warehouse item.

11. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I am happy to report Trico 44-190 fit perfectly and set me back only $8.07, tax and all, for the pair. That they fit on both sides makes me suspect their holders are not OEM as an 18 inch refill would not have worked on either side.

12. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hi, Greg.....we lived in Florissant, north side of St. Louis from '64 to '84, still have friends there.
    We would make trips to the Lake of the Ozarks and Bull Shoals in the summer. We would also drive west on I-70 and stay at the Crown Center hotel/mall outside of KC, I remember they had a die-cast store there, one of the first, walls of cars/boats,planes.
    Back then I had a '57 Fairlane I took to shows at the Transportation Museum & shows at local malls, an original 40k mi car that always got 2nd or 3rd.
    Glad you could find the refills, I bought 2 sets last time, just in case.

Gary

13. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I bought two sets also.
    I wonder what it is about these F cars?
    We also had a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500. had a black tear drop to go with it. We used it to work NSRA events and got a lot of "Nice late model" comments.
    You would not believe what a Ford C-4 automatic does to wake up a Y block!
    Greg

14. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #14 dstacy, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017