4001 Suspension bushings | FerrariChat

4001 Suspension bushings

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, Dec 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on a set of new bushings for my 1980 400i. Which ones to buy..poly or rubber. All opinions welcome on the subject, and where to buy and prices. I want to buy the complete sets front and back. Thank you all in advance. Happy Holidays. Jq.

2. gt4ever

gt4ever Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Benoit
    Just did this year a full underbody restoration and complete bushings replacement. I buy them at superformance. Stick with rubber, as these cars are no racers! Don't forget the ones in the shocks while you're there; they wear quite a lot given the weight of the these cars.
    Good to do this task anyway; nobody will see but you'll feel a newer and safer car afterwards.

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    While you have it apart be sure to inspect and grease the outer steel bushings. They are very expensive and if allowed to run dry will be ruined very quickly.

4. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I just went to poly and wish I had rubber. I may even change back to rubber soon to get rid of the nvh.