400i fuel injector part # | FerrariChat

400i fuel injector part #

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by jacques, Jan 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I am contemplating purchasing 12 injectors for my 1980 400i Ser. 1. Could someone here please tell me the appropriate part #, and also, what is the part # for the "O" rings. Thank you all so very much in advance. Jq.

2. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hello, Jacques...a year or so ago I had a good friend with a diesel injection shop check 6 of my fuel injectors, as he handed them back to me he reached into a gallon size zip-lock bag and gave me 12 new fat o-rings for the injectors. Let me stop by his shop and see if he has some left over , I will grab a set...I also know a guy with the "cone-shaped" tool to slide the new seals over the injectors, however, it can be done carefully by hand with generous lubricant.

Gary

3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Part 2......Fuel Injector Bosch # 0 437 502 047 ( same as 512BB & 308 & 308QV )
    I-net lists several suppliers, "autohausaz" at $31.08 each...stay away from e-bay..

Gary

( I have a chart that shows Bosch Fuel Components for ALL vehicles..)

4. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Holy cow.....Rock Auto at $17.79 each....only have 6...

Gary

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #5 Part Time, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Never bother cleaning a steel injector. Buy the upgraded brass ones and dont look back

7. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I bought a complete set of the brass injectors and o-rings in a set at a very good price. I did a little spray test with fuel and compressed air. I got a nice cone spray from the one or two new ones I tested. I swapped all injectors. Motor ran much smoother and on a couple of mileage checks I may have gotten an extra mpg (mid 13's vs mid 12's).

I then did same spray test with the old injectors (brass). Most squirted out one side, hard to call it a spray. I soaked them all in carb cleaner. Some cleaned up in an hour or so, and some took a few days. I finally got them all to spray like the new ones. I have them stored away for future use and will only need new o-rings.

Part Time's parts list is great. I am sure if you search the injector and o-ring part numbers you will find the same part number used on some BMW other Euro car and will find pricing lower. Our motors are two 2.4 liter 6's, sounds like a BMW to me or a Volvo. I'm certainly going to save that parts list!
    Ken

8. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Part Time...thank you ever so much. Jq.

9. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    You are very welcome, happy to help, we all need to pull together and keep these cars running..
    That doc is just one page of 156....if anyone here has other vehicles, let me know, I can post or PM single pages.
    Or...if I could move the complete doc to Google Drive that anyone could read only....along with other documents I have.

Gary

10. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #10 Part Time, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    You have A pm. Jq.

12. daves365

daves365 Rookie

May 10, 2016
    I just replaced all 12 on our 400 i

13. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I did the 8 on my 308, but I didn't lube them, just stretched them on. The reason was I didn't want them to move when I pressed the injectors into the mounting collar in the manifold. I lubed the outside for that.

14. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Jacques, glad you got the o-rings, your PM box is full.

Gary