Brake Hoses | FerrariChat

Brake Hoses

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Part Time, Jan 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Hello, all....anyone here order/get/install brake hoses from "ExoticCarGear.com"....they list a set for the 400i at $259.00 set of 8, your choice of material, I am going with the original rubber finish as my car is 90% original. Just figured I would change hoses when the brakes are done, looking for any feedback, pro or con...Thanks !

Gary

2. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    #2 It's Ross, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Thanks....I did remember that old thread as soon as I saw it, I think I will wait a few days and see if Schumi/Daren joins in, if not, I will PM him and request an update on his brake hose replacement for all to read.

Gary

4. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    They're supposedly DOT and Tuv approved. If so, that's huge, and I would trust them.

As to the jacket colors, Goodridge (a *very* well respected brake hose builder) offers the same. So don't judge a book by its cover's color. ;)

Actually, those look very much like Goodridge hoses to me. Goodridge only offers a set for the 412 on their site but I'm not savvy enough to know if 400 and 412 hoses interchange.

For whatever it's worth, I've built and prepped track cars professionally for several years and I bought Goodridge hoses for my own 348 due to my respect for their products.

5. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    After some problems getting the correct length and ends, I did finally receive a full set that will work. Unfortunately I have not had time to get them installed. I will say they seem very well made and I was assured they are DOT approved. How is it that in 3 years I haven't gotten these installed? I'll update when (not if) I get them on.

6. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Thanks Schumi....well, based on your experience with the hoses, I will order a set, I will however ask for the "Version 2.0", the latest & correct set of hoses.
    Thanks for the report, now all that remains is finding a master cylinder kit.

Gary

7. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Gary,
    I don't know the end/length difference between a Series I and II. IF they are the same you could just have them send you what they sent me.

You might want to take a piece of string (there is probably a more correct method but that's what I did) and get the correct length of each one, order, and verify once you receive them so you aren't without a car for an extended period of time waiting for replacements.

8. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Yup, will do, Daren...they should also be able to reference the set they made for you, I have a 2 month window to complete the brake work until my the next show I have entered.

Gary