365/400/412 front light sockets | FerrariChat

365/400/412 front light sockets

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Newman, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im looking for a pair of single blade front signal light sockets for a 400 or any of the 2+2's.

Anyone have a pair of sockets they would part with?

2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Go to Dormanprodcts.com. You will find any light socket you little heart desires. Just remember that most things on our cars are generic. I hope that this is of some help to someone. Jq.

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Thank you but it looks like a pep boys site. Im skeptical Ill find what im looking for there.

4. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Try for Fiat parts..after all, our cars were built in the "Fiat era", and I know for a fact, having owned my car since the late '90's that I have found most of the electrical parts came straight from the Fiat parts bin Example: headlight lifting motors+Fiat X19. I know that it puts a damper on the "so-called Ferrari aura", but I won't tell anyone if you won't. Also, try Ron Francis Automotive electrical. Thank you ever so much., and keep us posted on you search. Jq.

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Most of the electrical is Lucas actually including switch gear. Rad fan motors are bought from Lotus supplies or Jag suppliers. The lights are a pinninfarina part. So far other than finding an entire light with sockets Im not having luck with the sockets themselves.

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Can you post a picture of what you are looking for?

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #7 samsaprunoff, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Good day All,

A picture is worth a 1000 words they say... I think these are what Paul is looking for, correct?

This is one of my "good ones" ... although it needs to be thoroughly cleaned and replated. sadly, my other two need some repairs, as the white plastic "bases" are cracked/broken. I am planning on designing the bases in CAD and then 3D printing them to see how they look and function. If I am unhappy then I will simply get them milled on the CNC.

On a secondary note... there may be a possibility that I may be able to recreate the entire assembly. I say this, as I have a work related project that involves similar metal processing (metal stretching). I do not know what the upfront costs are yet, but if they are reasonable... then I may consider having the firm make up the metal assemblies (they are actually 2 pieces to the metal assembly). If I can get the metal portion made, then the rest of the design's elements will be not be an issue.

Cheers,

Sam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes thats the one but I did find light sockets like yours minus the flange, the plastic protruding part is slightly different from what mine are (boxer application). Lancia Fulvia tail light sockets look like yours sam minus the flange. You can see the socket assembly is comprised of a socket and an adapter or flange. I have the flanges but the sockets are no good. I may just go with the Fulvia sockets. The issue is I have two BB's here that were DOT converted so the sockets were replaced with 1157 bulb sockets vs 1156 single blade like original.

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Paul,

Thanks for the info! Indeed, one can see that the assembly is two pieces... a socket and the flange. Do you recall where you found the Lancia sockets? I checked on the web and for some reason I had no luck finding any.

I did not realize that the Boxer light socket assembly was different.

Cheers,

Sam