Alarm ECU | FerrariChat

Alarm ECU

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by taz28, Oct 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. taz28

taz28 Rookie

Jun 1, 2011
    Hi All
    Does anyone know where the alarm ecu for a 2001 456gta is located as i looks like a replacement may be the only option (1 key , no fobs and alarm code purchased off dealer dosn't work)
    Thanks
    Geoff

2. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #2 2000 456M, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    If you just bought the car (almost certainly the case) and have only 1 key and no fobs, that's a matter you've got to remedy first and it won't be cheap, but bite the bullet. (Your seller did you no favors). You won't be able to do much with the car without them and could find yourself stranded. Contact the nearest authorized Ferrari dealer asap, and explain the situation. Good luck.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #3 greyboxer, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    No, all you need is to find a used key fob (remote) and have it cloned.

I have the contact details of the person that does this.

Do a search, you will find it.

Let me know if you need help.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    But the guy said he has NO fob to clone from.....

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    That's why I said it was going to be pricey.

7. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
  8. taz28

taz28 Rookie

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback so far , all information at this stage is useful.
    We did purchase the code from a dealer after going through the proof of ownership and ID etc, but after many trys by myself and others after reading Tazandjan's post on the subject of how to enter the code still nothing. Which leads us to the conclusion that either the code has been changed somehow (which is unlikely) or the alarm ecu has been changed, that was the main reason for wanting to locate the ecu and see if there was any evidence of its exchange.
    The dealer's other idea is to send it to them for repair but given the cost of getting it there ,Labour etc we need to do as much as we can here first. As this car will be used for Targa Rally events the alarm / Immo is really not required but part of the system or are there other options ?
    Thanks again for the help
    Geoff

9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Sure it makes sense. Lots of people try to program new fobs. If someone put it in learn mode and clicked a red fob they thought was the original. Magically the PIN changes and the factory doesn't have the right one. Programming a new set of fobs if you aren't 100% certain of their associated PIN is probably the very worst thing you can do.

10. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    So this means you cannot start the car? I assume you have no working PIN? If you find the correct PIN, I have an original 550 Red Fob (U.S.), a Pin Sheet and 2 clones available for sale. But I think you'll need your PIN in hand otherwise you won't be able to use mine. (I have these extras because I purchased a complete new set of fobs and new pin from Ferrari as my car had only the red fob when I acquired it last year.)

11. SkyKing

SkyKing Rookie

Dec 31, 2010
    Chatham, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    My goal is somehow, someway, find a means to get that FCU out of my car and have the alarm work exactly like a normal North American car - unlock doors and signal an alarm. This whole thing about disabling the car is a waste of time, and unnecessary. Paying $450.00 to a dealer to give you a 4 digit number is a rip. I have two fobs and I carry them both all the time. They are finicky, and you never know which one will work at any given moment. If you use one of them, the other one needs about 10-20 pushes [ imputs ] rapidly, to maybe send a signal.
    I just want to walk away, push the button and the doors lock. Skip the whole disable thing. Who needs it. I now have the electrical schematic, so now the real challenge - get rid of that FCU. Probably won't happen, but it's worth a try.

12. taz28

taz28 Rookie

Jun 1, 2011
    The ideal situation for our case would be to get rid of the alarm/Immo all together but as it is intergrated with the factory system the options are limited. We have a the code purchased from ferrari dealer but it appears after many attempts to be the wrong one, perhaps someone has put a new one in that ferrari havnt got on record so we still have a car that wont run. I still would like to locate the actual alarm ecu unit (any ideas where its located) as replacing this looks like one of the options, another would be to remove it completly but this sounds like it has not been done as yet !
    Geoff