Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 456/550/575 - Sponsored by Bradan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stuart
Talking 550 electrical problems

Thanks billybob!... And to everyone else on this thread... Tommorow it goes in shop to my mechanic/FRIEND who is outstanding!...I will keep all posted...I will be attending tributo New York on the 23-24 if anyone else is going
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
If you decide to replace the fusebox, check with Dave Helms at SRI.

see: Innovations - Solutions - Scuderia Rampante

He manufactured a fuse box for my '95 456GT; probably could make one for you.
Hello
Can you tell me exactly what was wrong with your fuse box?I have no door neither dome lights when i open the doors,i think it might come from the fuse plate ,oxydation?
Can you give me the price of your new one because i think we can add -fuse box exchange-
to the next major.My 456M is a 2000 and 66mkm
Thanks
Regards Phil
Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stuart
Wink 550 electrical problem

Bad Bosch relay!...fusebox and ecu's perfect...what a place to put a fusebox-right where it can get drenched!...
Old 02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Peter Seow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombino View Post
Terry,
No, the problem occurred when I went to drive the car recently. Normally the car is stored in a temp. controlled garage on a Battery Tender trickle charger. It's a 2000 550M with ~6K miles, and this was the first time I've driven it in several months. Initially I only noticed some weird TEMP EXT readings, like -47 F (it's around 77 F outside), before TEMP EXT displayed only dashes. I then noticed the other problems. So based on one of the FerrariChat threads, I disconnected the car battery with the switch and reseated the ECU connector.

Today all of the previously mentioned functions again failed after a short drive, but since I hadn't closed the fuse box I started jiggling the relays one at a time with the key turned to the 1 position (so I could hear the AC fan if it started) with the engine off. When I jiggled the UNDER KEY relay, which was warm to the touch, the signals/wiper/fuel door/TEMP EXT/AC fan started working. I removed it and bent one of the pins in the direction that seemed to make it work (see attached photo).

I count 13 of these BOSCH relays with the same part number 0 332 019 103 in the fuse box. Since I've Googled an inexpensive supplier (~$10, in my previous reply to Simchanova) for this part, I'm going to purchase a couple and swap out the offending relay if the problem reoccurs. If the problem continues to persist, I'll have the dealer look at it during the next service.
Thanks to trombino I tracked it was relay n as what was mentioned however it may not be a bad relay it might be a connection issue to the relay I will open up the fuse box to inspect when I have time...

I am still in the process of making the car lighter by 700g today.

These I was busy but found another Ferrari at fantastic price so I bought another
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brian Crall
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter seow View Post
Thanks to trombino I tracked it was relay n as what was mentioned however it may not be a bad relay it might be a connection issue to the relay I will open up the fuse box to inspect when I have time...

I am still in the process of making the car lighter by 700g today.

These I was busy but found another Ferrari at fantastic price so I bought another

I wouldn't bother looking any further for now. The relays are trash and it is not limited to the Bosch brand either. It has come to be a very common problem with any of the mini or micro relays. I have a box of 30 year old Bosch relays that are all still good and came out of cars with far more use that the relays I am replacing. With any multi component failure it is the first place I look and I am rarely disappointed.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Peter Seow
Could the newer ones fail more easily

I had the old round in the 911 they worked for many years as it was my daily driver until water ate up my flasher relay it rusted and broke due to water. They relays seldom gave any problems.

The 550 is my daily driver too