550 vs 575 hunt help | FerrariChat

550 vs 575 hunt help

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Oengus, Jul 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Ok guys,
    Ive owned the following gated cars....308, 348, 355 and 360
    Ive also owned a paddle Stradale
    My problem is is that Ive loved both the gated shifter as well as the paddles on the Stradale.

Can you guys help me in my search decision? Help me make an intelligent decision LOL

550 or 575 is the question.

Thanks
    Chas

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

hey thanks Jimmie
    I did a search but must have missed this one...

4. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    I drive a 575 with paddles and I love it. Originally I really wanted a gated shifter but after trying unsuccessfully for a year to find one in a 575, and missing out at least once, I decided to go forward with purchasing a paddle shifter and have grown to really enjoy it. I am not saying I would not drive a gated shifter, but the paddle shifter just feels more special after years of driving gated shifters.

5. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Clyde Im kinda leaning that way also.....I really loved my CS....not to mention the modulars on the 575.
    Ive got a line on a few 575's that Im gonna check out. :)

6. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Wish you luck Chas, hopefully you find the one you want. Just to let you know that there are now 3 in Canada for sale on Autotrader.ca (the Canadian version), and one is an American car (the Canadian cars have their Speedos and Odometer only reading in Kilometers while the American ones show Kilometers in small print on the Speedometer inside the Miles (I know because I have an American car). The American car is being sold through Ferrari Quebec in Montreal, and though I like the outside Rosso Corso colour, the inside looks horrendous to me with the combination of black with too much red leather accent (2004 Ferrari 575M MARANELLO F1 for $126,295 in Montréal | autoTRADER.ca), but its got only about 3000 miles on the Odometer (5100 kms). There is a Pozzi Blue one for sale through a private customer at a better price if you prefer that (2003 Ferrari 575M MARANELLO for $99,000 in STITTSVILLE | autoTRADER.ca), but its a Canadian car.
    Clyde

7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Wow the Pozzi blue one is really nice....I agree on the Rosso Corso one with the red inlays......

8. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Glad to be of help Chas, and again, hope you find your car
    Clyde

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

cheers Clyde

10. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Chas – I can feel with you. I have a (gated) 512TR and a 575M F1. Every time I drive the 512TR I think how cool it is to shift the gears by myself. Then I sit in the 575M and think how cool the F1 system works. Although I am a gated shifter fan I really enjoy the F1 system of the 575M. But I guess it will shift slower than your CS. So try a 575M F1 before you buy one.

And you will be impressed by the torque of the 12 cylinder engine!

Markus

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Markus- Once I figure out how to make my HGTC TCU work, we can all have 180 ms shifting, not that far off from the CS figure of 150 ms. Eric already has a copy of my HGTC TCU's EEPROM, so we will get there eventually. Normal 575Ms are 220 ms.

12. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Terry – This would be interesting to have the HGTC TCU in the standard 575M!

BTW: Not only shift times are shorter with the HGTC TCU. The clutch also engages earlier (at around 1 000 rpm if the right pedal is pressed very gently) and thus clutch wear is less. Now I have 55 000 km on my (original) HGTC and still the first clutch.

Markus