575M Tubi Mufflers | FerrariChat

575M Tubi Mufflers

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bratman, Sep 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bratman

Bratman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex Brat
    I'm looking for Tubis for my '03 575M. If anyone knows where I can find them used/reasonably priced, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Alex

2. Muftah

Muftah Karting

Mar 3, 2012
    Boston, Ma
    Full Name:
    Muftah
    #2 Muftah, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Alex,

I got them, PM me

Thanks

Muftah
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Bratman

Bratman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex Brat
    PM sent.
    Thanks,
    Alex

4. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    If you are still looking for 575M Tubis and haven't purchased yet, I have a set with little use and in excellent condition.

5. Bratman

Bratman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex Brat
    Found lightly used Capristos for a reasonable price and just got them installed. Thanks anyway.

Nice sound, by the way, and a lot lighter than stock, but quieter than I exected, even with the Capristo X-pipe (siamesed duals). Seems to pull harder too, especially in the midrange, and the throttle response is definitely crisper.

6. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    So you got them after all Alex, congratulations!
    Clyde

7. ccferrari

ccferrari Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Glad you found a solution! FChat is a great community. :)

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Alex- if you want it slightly louder, swap the X-Pipe for straight pipes. Will pick up a bit of hp and torque, too, but the engine note will change slightly. Everything is a trade.

9. Bratman

Bratman Rookie

Mar 13, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex Brat
    Thanks Taz, I appreciate your advice, as always.

I'm going to stick with this setup for now, as it is a noticeable improvement in every respect over my previous one. I had the OEM duals off of a 2004 575 replacing my center resonator and my stock (2003) mufflers. The Capristo setup not only sounds a lot better, but also feels stronger and crisper in terms of midrange and throttle response. Top end feels good too, but it's harder for me to compare near redline.

I know the 2004 OEM duals aren't ideal for performance, as they're pinched in several places. Proper straight duals would be better, but I'm not sure by how much. The Capristo is a high quality piece with consistent diameter throughout, including in the bends. And I'm not sure it's really an X-pipe, as it doesn't cross over. More like siamesed duals that allow for some pass through and balancing of exhaust pulses, without the turbulence and restriction caused by the crossover of a proper X-pipe.

I think the devil is in the detail with these things - not all X pipes are created equal and not all straight duals flow equally. I think a lot depends on design and quality variables. That said, I agree that an X, or exhaust gas balancing, is not necessary on a V12. The more cylinders per bank, feeding a common exhaust pipe, the less need for additional balancing/scavenging and the more risk of unnecessary turbulence/restriction from same. However, if done right, there could be some benefit from a pass through, especially at the bottom end and midrange, without losing much or anything at all at the top end of the rev range. Just my .02...

Thanks again,
    Alex

10. Porsche_991

Porsche_991 Rookie

Apr 25, 2017
    i am looking for tubi exhaust for my 575m F1. Anyone would like to sell?

11. Muftah

Muftah Karting

Mar 3, 2012
    Boston, Ma
    Full Name:
    Muftah
    I have them, pm me please!