Key Fob | FerrariChat

Key Fob

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by MASR04, Oct 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Key reprogramming. Read instructions. Think I got it. But trying to locate Pin. Can someone tell me where I should be looking for pin to make the correct number of key turns in the ignition and does master have to be present?

Fyi. I have all three fobs. Not battery in master at present. Not sure if it works. One good fob and one dud

Thanks in advance

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Search Alarm PIN.

3. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    When I do this. Which post in particular should I peel my eyes for, sir?

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #4 308 GTB, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    GRR. I will check - already checked the security manual and came up empty. Will check the rest of the booklet. Going to post pic of what I do have at present.

6. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #6 MASR04, Oct 20, 2014
  7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Put a fresh battery in the Master (Red) and it did nothing. Which scares me cause it should be programmed as the two black ones are slaves..

I have one fully functioning slave - but of course want everything to work perfectly so that if one fails - I am not SOL!

That part # isn't the PIN is it? Wonder what the other two #'s are in Parenthesis..

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If you've only had the car a short while I'd ask the supplying dealer (if there is one) to get the two non-working fobs to work - but I'd also check the contact on the two fobs to see if they can easily be made to work

The sticky paper suggests someone has only recently paid for the fob to be retrieved from Ferrari records and it is not inconceivable that one of those numbers is the PIN - it is also possible that having bought the original PIN the car was then coded to a new set of fobs and that the other number is the new PIN

You can keep guessing and/or asking here and/or trying 'search' but I'd be tempted to try to figure out dealer 6159 and get them to tell you the current status

9. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Amen; did a googl search and came-up empty - Going to make a call here shortly.

10. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Remember that the code is not in the red fob but in the Alarm unit

11. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Please tell me where to locate the unit to obtain pin?

12. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Back to square one. What kind of money are we talking for pin?

13. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    There are a lot of answers to that. Ferrari will request your pin for $500 but they don't guarantee that it will work. The guys in Australia say they will recover your pin for about $700.

14. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. Does the red fob need to be present or do you simply stick the key in the ignition wait 20 seconds then do the on off on off synchronization to which you think the code is?

Once you finish entering the code do you leave it in the opposition or do you remove the key how long do you wait for the – the light up with the diode?

15. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #15 tazandjan, Oct 20, 2014
  16. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think the issue I am running into is that one of the black FOB and the Master Red one when pressed is not unlocking or immobilizing the vehicle. They are however lighting up with the little red light.

A retrieval pin quite possibly may not do me any good. Is this making sense am I deciphering the process correctly?

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The erroneous impression I got earlier was they were not lighting up so this could suggest they are cloned and out of sync - take one of the two and press several hundred times to see if it finally triggers

18. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    My next question is; where is the indicator light on the 550 - just watched a video of a 355. Pretty confident that I am SOL with getting the other two to work. However, I am interested in learning the process so that I can fix it. I have 3 functioning FOBs - ordering new pin may need to occur.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sean- Sounds like you have a whole lot of misconceptions. Read through the document I attached so you have a good understanding of how things work and then ask any other questions you have. If you do not have an alarm manual to read also, I sent Ben Deetman a pdf of one that you can download at ferraridatabase.com for free. There should have been one with your owners manual set. That explains all the flashes and beeps you get from the alarm system.

Maranello LEDs are on the center of the dash. Your OM will show you the exact location. If you do not have an OM, same location as above for a free download. Same for the workshop manual.

All the little LED light in the fob tells you is that the fob is transmitting. Whether or not the Alarm ECU responds to the fob's transmission is a whole other thing.

Dealers mix up fobs all the time, so you could have non-matching fobs.

From the paperwork you have, I would guess all three fobs were new with a new PIN. I would also guess the top number in parantheses is your old PIN and the bottom one is your new PIN. Try and start the engine with the bottom number using the checklist in the attachment I made earlier. Very easy to do. If that does not work, try the top number.

20. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Now you've made me feel bad. I read the pdf. Hahahah

I do what you are suggesting by leaving it in the on position for 20 secs. Then turning it off and on in the sequence. Once the sequence is complete; I then try to turn the vehicle on?

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sean- Affirmative, use the checklist in the attachment. After completing that, the engine should start, confirming you have the correct PIN. Try 7233 first and then 0317.

22. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    this is not going to jeopardize my operable fob - correct?

Also, when i unlock the car with the key and inoperable fob - the blinkers go off as it does not recognize and signals alarm. Do I just wait a minute or two for them to quit and then hold the key in the on position for 20 secs and begin process?

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sean- The key has nothing to do with the fob. If the alarm is armed and you unlock the door with the key, the alarm always goes off (if it is working) because you did not disarm it.

You cannot hurt the alarm system trying to start her with key strokes. At worst, you will chap off the alarm and it will not work for an hour or so and then will reset itself.

You have a working fob, no? Read the attachment and it will explain all the details. You want the alarm disarmed and the immobilizer armed when you use key strokes to start her. That will confirm you have the correct PIN. After that, we can work through the rest of your problems.

24. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    TAZ!!!

I did it - I did it - I did it!!!

Got my PIN.. Talk soon - thanks for your patience with me sir. I am drinking beer after a long day at work, this on my mind and teaching a business class at the college..

25. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good job Sean, and a thumbs up to you Terry, you have the patience of Job........sometimes :)