FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | 550 Performance | FerrariChat

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | 550 Performance

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looking to gain some additional horse power? Possibly looking to uncork your restrictive exhaust system and let your 550 roar? Look no further!

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT offers great performance solutions for the F550 along with many other Ferrari cars.

Ferrari F550 Resonator Bypass X- Pipe

Our F550 x-pipe replaces the restrictive factory mid-pipes and resonators to improve exhaust flow, increase power, and enhance the exhaust note. This product fits all 550 vehicles (1996-2001) - direct replacement with no cutting or welding required. By switching out the factory unit for the Fabspeed x-pipe, you will shave 15 lbs of weight from your vehicle. All x-pipes are constructed from 14-16 gauge, C.N.C. mandrel bent, T304 stainless steel.

You will be sure to see a major improvement in power throughout the RPM range!

Ferrari F550 Resonator Bypass X- Pipe - Fabspeed Motorsport

Factory/OEM Catalytic Converter Re-Coring

Another bottle neck in the F550 exhaust system are the extremely restrictive OEM catalytic converters. Not only are these cats a choke point for exhaust flow, over time these converters will begin to break down or clog, causing the car to run poorly overall and be the start of many other issues along with illuminating the CEL.

We offer a service where we can open up your OEM catalytic converters, remove the restricive/damaged/clogged cores, and replace them with HJS Trimetalic 200 Cell race cats. This will serve two purposes:
    1) Allow the car to breath more freely, resulting in additional horse power
    2) Preventative maintenance for your vehicle over all - specially you exhaust system (your catalytic converts are approximately 15 years old at this point and most likely in need of being replaced)

Ferrari 550 Factory/OEM Catalytic Converter Re-Coring - Fabspeed Motorsport

Ferrari F550 EVOMSit ECU Tune

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT is also an authorized EVOMSit distributor. In order to take full advantage of the gains provided by your x-pipe, an EVOMS tune would be just what you need! Increase overall power and drive ability of your F550 along with maxing out the efficiency of that v12 engine!

Ferrari F550 EVOMSit ECU Tune - Fabspeed Motorsport

If you have any questions about the product line or would like to place an order with our special F-Chat memeber pricing, please do not hesitiate to PM, CALL (215-646-4945), or EMAIL ([email protected])
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Bump this up for the weekend crew!

3. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So this is about $4k+install to pick up 16hp? Sounds like Ferrari did a great job out of the box.

4. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S

Not exactly, the tune alone yields 16HP along with improving general drive ability throughout the RPM range that's only $2,595.00.

But I must agree, Ferrari did a great job with this car out of the box, which is one of the many reasons we all have come to love these vehicles!

5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    The 550 maybe isn't an ultimately perfect car but is a great machine, and for me - definitely THE perfect car to love. :)
    Just makes your day feel special.

Best,

6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Joe,

Can you tell us about the ecu tune? Is the tune extensive enough so we could source say 5.2 motronics out of a BMW and you reprogram for the 550? This way we in smog states could swap stock and performance ECU's at will. Now that would be something I would buy.

7. jznd

jznd Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    That's an interesting concept given that I've recently had to replace one of my ECUs - if a reprogrammed BMW one would achieve the same results, that could be an interesting option, especially as new old stock 550 ECUs are apparently getting harder and harder to source.

8. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Yes it is done all the time. In corvette world we sometimes have to race with full mufflers and meet sound but have stock ECU's for the class. So we run a second stock ECU tuned for the quiet mufflers and yet more ecu's for different octanes of fuel.

9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Bob,

I do not believe that our tune has the ability to make the 5.2 motronics ECU from a non 550 car compatible with a 550 - but I will look into this.

It would be a great option to be able to plug and play different ECUs with different tunes for different situations.

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I have an X-Pipe in stock and ready to ship - I'll cut someone a deal :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sONrQ6q-d0c[/ame]

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Just did another production run, who wants one before they are sold out once again?!

12. SpeedmasterNL

SpeedmasterNL Karting

Nov 9, 2013
    Hi,

What would be the best price you can do including shipment to the Netherlands, Europe?

Thanks in advance

13. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We're standing by to equip you with performance! Any questions?

14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #14 Fabspeed Motorsport, May 11, 2016
    Here's a new photo of our 550 X-Pipe before it went onto a customers car. Let me know if I can allocate one to you while they're in production!

15. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #15 Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 31, 2016
  16. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Did you ever look into post 9?

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    FBB- They do not even show the ECU tune in their product list now.

18. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Mike in Marketing here. Unfortunately we do not work with the 5.2 Motronics ECU - one of few we do not tune.

We have temporarily disabled a few tunes on the website as we are gearing up to offer more information / dyno charts, better pricing, and new options. If anyone has any questions about tuning please contact us and we will make sure you are taken care of.

19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I'm standing by to help if anyone needs anything!