Vivid Racing : VRTuned 575M Flash Tune Sale! | FerrariChat

Vivid Racing : VRTuned 575M Flash Tune Sale!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by VividRacing, Mar 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vivid Racing : VRTuned 575M Flash Tune Sale!

Greetings Ferrarichat!

I currently have a sale going on VRTuned Flash Tunes for the 575M platform!

Below you'll find pricing for the available tune, as well as the listed performance gains. These tunes can be tailored to your vehicle based on the fuel octane you run and the modifications you have installed. Catless tunes are available as well. Performance gains listed below are based on an otherwise stock vehicle.

These do require removal of the ECU's and shipping it to our facility for programming. We assist with this process by providing shipping labels for all clients located here in the US, and expedited shipping for US and international clients.

Please contact me directly via PM, email, or phone to discuss the options for your application and available sale pricing!

-James

[email protected]

480.966.3040 ext 249

Ferrari 575M

Stock Power - 508hp / 434tq
    Tuned Power - 530hp / 451tq

$2400 List Price

2. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    It would be informative to see the horsepower expected with modified engines. I find it hard to believe that you can tune for modifications without having the AFR data to work with. Good stuff however and much cheaper than the only other 575M tuner I know of. It would be more informative if the gains were expressed in accurate rwhp over stock rwhp. Assuming without using an engine dyno,
    you would have had rolling road rwhp figures to determine your flywheel hp so I would be very interested in what you found as stock rwhp.

Good luck on this product. You may hear from me when my 575 with Supersprint headers, 2 x 3inch 100cpi cats, full 3inch exhaust and SA cam timing is ready.

3. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thank you for your feedback. Completely understand. We certainly attempt to do this whenever possible. For example, we have all sorts of dyno sheets with and without modifications for our 991TT build, M4 build, CLA45 AMG build, etc. But these are vehicles we purchase and modify step by step to create products for. This isn't as easily done with Ferrari. In order to offer a wide variety of tuning solutions, we've partnered with a Europe based tuning provider as well. The two of us combined are now able to offer tuning solutions for nearly every marque.

I'm happy to assist you when the time comes. Thank you again for your post and feedback.

-James

4. flyboyx

flyboyx Karting

Dec 19, 2014
    Houston, Tejas
    Full Name:
    brian
    Are ther any issues with taking the vehicle to the ferrari dealer with a flash on the ecu's?

5. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Do you warranty your products against any collateral damage (detonation if there a bad tank of gas, for example)?
    Philip

6. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    The flash is detectable. Issues may arise depending on your relationship with your service advisor. Many clients who are tuned have dealerships who look past it without issue. This goes for Ferrari and other brands as well. Also, to confirm, even with a tuned vehicle, the entire warranty cannot be voided. The manufacturer must prove that the tune is the cause of the issue.

The hardware itself is warrantied. For example, if the cable provided is faulty or if assistance with the computer software is needed during the installation process. The tune itself is not warrantied, which is standard in this industry. This is mainly due to how many things are out of our control, including the situation you've mentioned. As we are not able to control whether or not the vehicle is properly maintained, whether the proper octane fuel is used, and the installation of other modifications to the vehicle, we have no way to warranty the tune itself. However, the tunes provided have been rigorously tested and proven.

I've had our tune on my 2011 M3 for roughly 15 months now. It has received roughly 25,000 very aggressive miles of use without a single issue.

While I certainly understand that a Ferrari is a different level of animal compared to a BMW, please keep in mind our goal is always to provide a tune that enhances power as much as possible while keeping reliability in mind. By no means do we push things to their limits. Safety and caution are used.

-James

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    All PM's have been replied to. Thank you for all of your interest thus far!

-James

8. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    HP and TQ numbers don't tell you much and 20 HP is nothing. Its the area under the curve. Assuming an ok A/F ratio a 4th gear dyno run say 1500 to 7500rpm timed before and after mods is the ticket. How long did the run take? Did you shave a second off the stock time? Last car I had a tune on drivability was much better. The car felt really fast getting down a straight and surprisingly much quicker.The proof was in a dyno run same RPM range when it went 1 second quicker than stock.Or of course a 60FT and 1/4 mile time that is consistently much quicker. Not worth it to gain just a couple of tenths for the price. Hell you can pick up 20HP with high flow mufflers. GTS Bruce

9. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Thank you for your reply and feedback. Your questions are similar to Trabots above. We love to provide those types of details whenever possible, however it's nearly impossible for us to purchase every model from any brand, let alone Ferrari, and perform tune, dynos, 0-60 / 60-130 / 1320 testing. The flashes being provided by us have been created based on our nearly 15 years of tuning experience on various platforms combined with the tuning experience of our partners in Europe.

I do offer discounted pricing, and if a Ferrarichat member would like to purchase the tune and is willing to perform these tests with dyno and Vbox, I'd certainly be willing to offer a larger discount as compensation. Also, if there is a local member to us that would allow us to use his car for said tests, it's quite possible I could provide a complete sponsorship on this.

-James

10. GTS Bruce

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    BTW it was a canned flash not custom except for 93 octane. No detonation. AF good and safe per EG analysis on the dyno. Sent in the ECU. Cost $500.00 not including shipping. GTS Bruce

11. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    #11 Trabots, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have long used a Vbox in my 575. I time 60-100mph all in 3rd gear. No shifting and on the same road means apples to apples comparisons. Car & Driver tested a 575M F1 and found 5.6 sec for that interval although I have seen other tests at 5.4 sec. My own 575 is down to consistent 4.1 sec with a 3 inch full exhaust, secondary cat elimination and a tune using AFR data. To put that into further perspective a 599 is only 0.2 sec quicker in that interval. Since then Supersprint headers with single large cats each side will be replacing the horrible stock manifolds and primary cats. I have also had the camshafts timed to 575M SA specs. Further data will be forthcoming after my sun fried interior has been repaired by an idiot fabricator's insurance.

I keep posting this information as it is quite clear the stock exhaust is by far the main restriction yet all I read is same size 2.25inch x-pipes and Tubis etc are all 575 owners seem to be doing with only the sound their main concern. I post here again graphic evidence of what is hidden in these cars. These cars don't even have tubular headers, the image is of one of the manifolds with a massive reverse turn and then another change of direction into the matrix of the primary cat. How can that flow anywhere close to a tubular manifold? The pipe section with the non-mandrel bend is over the half shafts. The crimped section has only 60% of the area of the rest which is in itself far too small. My E55 Merc rated at some 40hp less has a full stock exhaust of just under 3 inches. Wake up people and discover just how much your cars have been emasculated. Start with just a cat back 3 inch exhaust with suitable mufflers, still emissions compliant, and be amazed. Oh, and you might like the sound too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. GTS Bruce

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I removed the center suitcase oiled and set aside. Replaced by Braden straight pipes. Then removed the rear cans,set aside and replaced with Tubi straight pipes. SOTP is very noticeable as well as sound however I have no concrete numbers. When the time comes Fabio will be getting a call for those headers. Anyone that designed or had to install those OEM headers must be embarrassed. Gtsbruce

13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Willy- What did you have to do to your fuel system and do you still have your CEL? Is the fuel system still converted to a 550-like return type system? Incidentally, the cats aft of the exhaust manifolds are the primary cats, and the ones in the headers are pre-cats designed to quickly come up to temperature and keep emissions down until everything is hot. The ones who call the exhaust manifold cats the primaries are those selling "secondary cat bypass pipes".

As cats improved, Ferrari stopped using the pre-cats, like those in the 575 and 599, and went to only primary cats like the exhaust in the 599 GTO.

Most of us are not interested in hot-rodding the 575M because we already have plenty of hp. The way things are going on prices, if you want more power, 599s and Maranellos are slowly equalizing in price. I am getting a set of Fabio's headers with 200 primary, and only, cats, though, mostly for the sound, although I am sure I will pick up some hp along the way. Not that I need it. The 7 degree advance of the cams in the Superamerica was accompanied by many other changes, so not sure how much it benefits a 575M. No change in overlap because the cams are identical except for the assembly marks.

What size cats are you currently running? Not just the rating, but the physical size? For those of us who must pass regular emissions checks, we can have no CELs or other engine related problems. In California, non-stock exhausts can fail an emissions test.

14. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Easier said than done...with the U.S. emission restrictions and some states requiring even more stringent regulations (such as California), it is impossible to legally incorporate the exhaust and tuning benefits into our cars...It's not that we don't believe you...As much as I would love to, we can legally only utilize "Catback" systems onto our cars.

15. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I am sure there's opportunity to be found in tuning as Ferrari has to consider the warranty costs over the warranty life from its ECU parameters, a tuner does not.

The stock headers look terrible. I am sure there is a ton of power there. Sound too.

And I don't doubt Willy's gains. But then how do we get the ECU to compensate without a tune and without unknown engine risks. I think that's why Dinan, Lingenfelter (sp?), Novitec and the other tuners are respected. Their systems will not void the warranty or they supply a warranty.

I can't speak for anyone else, and as I have sold my 575, my comment is a bit moot, but for me to have done something like this it has to be part of a more complete solution (headers, exhausts ECU tune) and have a warranty. To avoid "gaming" concerns, it could be structured so that the first $xxxx of any repairs is the owner's responsibility.

Anyway, good luck to the OP. I'll be curious to see how many people are willing to risk the cost of a v12 rebuild for a few extra HP

Philip

16. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    I don't not have CELs anymore. My fuel system never went to a 550 type full return system, the only return is from the trunk mounted pump/regulator to the tank, all of 12 inches. I only went this way to be able to alter the fuel rail pressure as tuning the ECUs was impossible without sending them away. Once everything is settled and I have a FRP which gets my AFRs to 12.8 at full throttle and load, I will send the ECUs away again and have them re-tuned to use the 52psi stock FRP so I can use the stock system again.

To me the cats which are monitored by the O2 sensors are the primary cats even if they are the pre-cats. These cars run without CELs on only these cats. The new cats are coming with the headers from Supersprint. They are 100cell and appear as large as my current aft cats and will be at their location and which will be monitored by the ECUs. Extended sensor leads will be used with the 2 stock sensors each side after the cats to ensure the ECUs are happy.

As far as issues with emissions, as I said above, get a taste for what is possible by installing an emissions legal 3 inch cat back system and be amazed without altering a thing emissions wise. Fabio's headers are a work of art but they won't work as intended with the stock sized exhaust. That would be the imperative first thing to do before buying headers, or do you just want to open the hood at cars and coffee to show what makes the sound?

It is more than wanting more power, it is fixing what is diabolically wrong with a major system on a 575, which should not need justification beyond that if you truly loved your car. The 575 owners I see on this forum want to fix everything else which is wrong with these cars so this improvement is a no brainer, at least in my petrol soaked brain. As far as a 599 goes, I don't like them, too big and not classically beautiful like the Maranellos (the SA roof upsets this beauty).

I don't know where this becomes "hot rodding" with only a full exhaust change and tune which is commonly referred to as a Stage 1 tune. I have done this to pretty much every performance car I have owned but never have I had this scale of power increase. Ferrari knew the exhaust sucked (blocked) but they sure didn't want a 600hp 575 with the similar powered 599 around the corner. Interestingly the 599 has headers and a much larger exhaust.

17. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    A correction to my last post: I looked on Ricambi and found that a 599 has the same type of ridiculous manifold/pre-cats as the 575. Besides the increased displacement, the big pipes must be a large contributor to the 100+ increased hp of the 599. It seems a 700hp 599 just might be possible with a set of headers and free flowing cats.

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Willy- I am happy you like it, but I, and many others, have no interest in any of those mods on my 575M. You seem to have a difficult time understanding that.

19. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    Taz, you just said "I am getting a set of Fabio's headers with 200 primary, and only, cats, though, mostly for the sound....."

How is that different than what I have done except for the 3inch pipes and the SA cam timing (which you suggested might be worthwhile)? Fabio's headers through the stock exhaust will probably not give you the symphony you so desire.

I have nil difficulty understanding that most have no interest in improving the performance of their 575s, call me a preacher trying to convert the unbelievers (shiners and cruisers). I would like to know why my rants are objectionable however. I am to stop posting because the majority don't care? If that is the case why respond to my posts? You are the most opinionated person on this forum but seem to have issues with my opinions. You have a 575 with tyres that your stock hp can't even chirp they are so wide, non-stock wheels and now Fabio's headers coming "mostly for the sound" and it is I that is from another planet?

20. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Willy- I think we just do not like each other. Incidentally, I have OEM size 305/30 19 MPSS tires on the rear and I got over chirping tires a long time ago.

Opinionated, me? Say it is not true.

21. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    Taz, you said on 16 Dec 2014 on the current 355 Pirelli thread "255/35 19s and 345/30 19s in MPSS tires have been working fine with no ABS problems." Prior to that I believe you had 355's on your car.

Taz, I don't not like anyone on this forum. This is just an internet forum with internet personalities which I am sure do not match the real life persons in many cases. We all have a common like for our Maranellos, what we want out of our cars obviously differs a lot. The fact that I probably represent one extreme should not mean that I be personally targeted by you because of my opinions. My posts are never targeted at an individual unless I am forced to respond to a post directed at me personally rather than my message.

You are the guru on Maranellos, that is your hobby I guess, to know absolutely everything about these cars. A bit nerdish in my books but I will admit your hobby is hugely beneficial to all of us. Good on you. Me, I would rather fix my car the way Enzo would have liked it and drive it as he would have intended it to be driven. These are Ferraris mate, they need to be exercised, right up to redline. If you did that in my car after doing it with yours you would change your tune, or have a rather unpleasant personal malfunction.

22. F.Engineering

F.Engineering Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 23, 2015
    ITALY
    Full Name:
    Fabio
    #22 F.Engineering, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Willy,
    someone likes a thing and someone dislike it but likes another thing...
    Everyone of us can tell and do everything about the own car....(i wrote lot of times)
    Personally i'm happy that you have purchased the supersprint exhaust, because you have purchased an Italian product ...
    For sure you will have more power in comparison with the cracked headers, but you will not have my sound, never ... the reason is technic, and i explained times ago in the appropriate places ....
    I'm one of lots that think that 515 HP is more for enjoy this car, i agree with you that the original exhaust is very bad designed, but different from you, i prefer have a melody sound, and now is like a F1 Ferrari of Mansell ...

Besides the sound, I would be very courious to compare my with your, because now with my headers, my 575 go very fast and as told my Ferrari mechanic " it is a 575 very fast, like never i drove ".

An important thing for you.... you know that Supersprint, out of the CAT, use the OD pipe 63.5 mm 1.5 Thk (instead the 60.3 x 1.5 of the OE) and is fit for the original system with a adapting bushing.... You thought for fit to your 3" with the connection near the clutch is necessary a strong modification of the two cat of Supersprint, or of your 3" pipes... did you ask this modification to supersprint? Or you will do by when your mechanic when will install..?
    As you can see on the picture you have the connections inside the cat .... Good luck!

If you remember i explained the diferent kinds of solutions in my email, but you never answer me .....

Bye Bye,

Fabio

23. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    Thanks for your input Fabio. We are modifying the Supersprint cats to 3inch out, very easy to do. No need to increase the inlets as they each only flow 3 cylinders. As you point out the positioning of everything will have to be adjusted in my current 3inch pipes including probably having to remove one of the mid silencers.

I just located your email in my junk folder where my computer had put it. My apologies.

As I have shown the huge difference (at least 50bhp) with the 3inch exhaust behind the stock exhaust manifolds/pre-cats, I wonder why you want to stay with the stock exhaust size after all that effort. I will bet that the headers will double that hp gain on my car. As you want to compare performance why don't you accurately time your 100 -160kph all in 3rd gear as I have been doing with each modification? It would be handy data for selling your system. I look forward to your performance results. These always need to be quantified. The on road timing of a speed interval without a shift is much better than dyno figures between different dynos.

You say you are only interested in the sound and that 515bhp is adequate but then you seem very impressed with the performance increase. I suspect that you would have been very disappointed if your headers had not improved the performance as well as the sound.

You have not mentioned where your AFRs have ended up as they will have surely leaned out with the reduced back pressure.

My car will probably sound different from yours but then mine will be closer to the 'classic Ferrari V12 howl' as Ferrari never did use a 6 into 1 system in any street or race car that I am aware of. Lovely work Fabio.

24. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    James, my apologies for your thread being hi-jacked. You are selling a performance gain yet your thread became infected with posts representing the bulk of 575 owners who are supposedly not interested in a performance gain. I only was trying to wake them up to what is possible and which in any event would need an ECU re-map like you are offering. Good luck with everything.

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #25 tazandjan, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    The 599 GTO uses a 6 into one exhaust and that is what Fabio is emulating. As mentioned before, newer cat technology allowed the elimination of the precats on the 599 GTO.

Not often someone who flew fighters for 20 years is classified as nerdy. Nobody thought it was nerdy to be the expert on the fighters I flew.