Found a 575 in Canada for sale | FerrariChat

Found a 575 in Canada for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bikerbob100, Mar 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bikerbob100

bikerbob100 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
  2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i'm waiting for the yellow car buyer to pop up here............

3. bikerbob100

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
  4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    This car has been up for sale for at least a few months now.

I don't know anything about it but looks like a nice example.

50k km's = 31k miles

5. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    it has the F1.... nobody wants those.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Patrick- You obviously do not know what you are talking about since 88.1% of 575Ms have F1.

7. bikerbob100

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Based on today's exchange rate its $87,125k USD. plus import duty.

8. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
    That car has been for sale for almost a year.

9. scowman

scowman Formula 3

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Times change and this is not 2004. F1's are a dime a dozen. Three pedals are the rage.

10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stu- Guess that goes for you, too.

11. bikerbob100

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
  12. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    taz yes they made tons of 575 F1's. That doesn't change the fact that today nobody wants them. F1 575 cars sit a long time unsold at relatively low prices.... people want the gated manual.

13. bikerbob100

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think Taz owns one. And I haven't seen any in the crusher at the junk yard yet. Different strokes for different folks.

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Patrick- I return to my original statement that you do not know what you are talking about. For those of you chasing one of the 60 or so US three pedal 575Ms, but the ones available are the wrong color or wrong options or too expensive, please let us F1 575M owners enjoy actually driving our Ferraris while you sit on the sidelines. Well optioned, nice F1 575Ms move quickly because there are folks who actually want to drive a nice V12 rather than sit in the peanut gallery making snide comments.

So if you want a 3 pedal 575M, find one and pony up or, do the next intelligent thing, and buy a 550 instead. They all have 3 pedals, in case you have not noticed.

The "want a 575 3 pedal crowd" is getting pretty obnoxious.

15. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    You and I may prefer the 3 pedal, but the fact is Ferrari builds more F1s because the buying public prefers it, and as a result, that translates to more sales. So saying that "Nobody wants them" is completely inaccurate. And if you have ever driven an F1, they are quite fun...and other than the third pedal, it feels like it is race inspired...
    Owning a Ferrari is very personal...different strokes...

16. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    #16 AlfistaPortoghese, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    + 1.000.000

I also struggle to cope with these sensationalist remarks: "nobody wants the F1". That's what we call "coffee table talk" in Portugal: zero content, people talking to pass the time and speaking up just because being silent is awkward.

First of all: there are different realities. Your personal preference and/or your national/regional trends don't account for EVERYBODY or NOBODY.

Like I said a million times before: for instance, here in Europe you wouldn't believe how silly and outrageously ridiculous it is to discuss transmission types and the acephalous hype surrounding it.

People get worked up in the US because of a three pedal car. In Europe, three pedal cars are as common as sand, water and clouds. To get a better picture of how ridiculous it sounds: It's like I'm invited to your house for Thanksgiving and I shout out loud "OH MY GOD, POTATO SALAD!!! Totally worth the 1.000 bucks I spent on the plane to get here! Now that's a premium dinner!"

Fortunately the market couldn't care less about what's said on Ferrari Chat. I say again: the world doesn't live by your personal biased preferences. There is a big, complex world outside your walls.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

17. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Terry.

I own a manual Ferrari (Mondial) and two F1 Ferraris (355 and a 575). I care about transmission type this much: zero.

So to you guys, the Ferrari experience is reduced to how you shift? That's plain sad.

It seems the farthest a guy is from owning a Ferrari, the more intense is his preference of transmission.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

18. bikerbob100

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    My hope is someone on here will look at these two 575's and realize they might be a value. I have no connection on either. so its just info.
    bob

19. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    #19 archibald drinkwater, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    I get what you mean. instead of saying "nobody wants one" what I should have said is the F1 cars have been sitting longer at dealers waiting for buyers and they are selling at about $80k for a good one. But don't take my word for it, my local ferrari dealer and a prominent collectible car broker said the same, and if you call them and ask you can verify. as 550s and 575s get more attention from a collector buyer market you will see the demand for manuals increase while the f1 will sit longer waiting for a buyer. That doesn't mean owners of 575s with f1s shouldn't feel good about their cars. I'm sure they are great. The topic is 575s for sale - the f1 s sit for awhile. But eventually someone wants them ;) I'm fine with a 550. Enjoy your cars they are beautiful and fun with any transmission. It's worthwhile to note that a 2007 599 GTB with a gated manual sold for $682k at Amelia this month..... Ferrari abandoning manual transmissions isn't embraced by everyone.
    http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1072852

20. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Supply and demand... Had Ferrari made 1% F1s and 99% 3-pedal 599, then it would have been the F1 that sold for $620k at Amelia Island... purely speculative and little to do with people not embracing F1.

21. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    #21 archibald drinkwater, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    yes, but somehow I don't think the same would be true if the production numbers were reversed and they made more manuals than f1's..... I doubt in that case the F1 would have garnered upwards of $600k. The point is that a lot of purists prefer manuals and on the secondary market they sell better and command premiums. Even for 550's. Please note I am not attacking folks that own F1's. Merely pointing out a fact that in today's secondary market the gated manuals are selling more quickly and at higher prices.

22. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    And indeed you are right, when it comes to the US and/or Auctions. Other than that, I've never came across ONE example in which a manual commands a significant premium over an electro-hydraulic, regardless of model.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I like both types of transmission equally. But with 575s in Europe there is clearly a positive differential in asking price of three pedal over F1. I have spoken to a lot of dealers and people at Ferrari etc about it and observed the prices in detail myself, missing out on a couple of three pedals. Full disclosure and small print, I am editorial director of the Official Ferrari Magazine, but these comments are purely personal observations. Differential in Europe is around 30 per cent. But it's clear that objectively F1 is a more efficient transmission than manual clutch and as Terry says many people don't know how to drive F1.

24. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- Affirmative, there is now a definite price increase for manual shifter Ferraris in models where both F1 and 3 pedals were offered. This is more true for the V12s than the V8s, probably because there are ~4500 360s and ~2000 F430s with three pedals out there. On Maranellos, price difference was not the case only about 18-24 months ago, probably because the 550 was always available. With only 246 manual 575Ms and 39 manual Superamericas, demand now outstrips supply. Well-optioned 3 pedal 575Ms are even rarer. Still, many of those "buyers" do not seem willing to pay the premium for what they say they want. I remember 141041, a 2005 three pedal with nearly all options, including FHP, offered here and nobody wanted her. Sold to a collector for $120K.

There is an HGTC three pedal available now in TDF and Cuoio, but nobody is willing to pony up the $200K to buy her. I estimate less than 10 of those around. That one will never go down in price, like an L-88 Corvette.

All that being said, I wanted an F1 when I bought mine and would not change to three pedal because I have 50 years of driving three pedals, including three earlier Ferraris, so it is not something magic to me. There is a learning curve for driving F1 smoothly, and it is great fun getting it right.

25. AlfistaPortoghese

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Darius and Terry, it's a pleasure to debate with you gentlemen and read your posts. It's a wonderful thing when knowledgeable members step up, make valid points based on numbers, experience and logic, opposed to others who come here and #manualtransmission #threepedal.

Over here (for reasons I can't explain to the detail and knowledge you are used to and for that I do apologise), age seems to carry a premium over transmission. Enzo era cars are sky high in value, di Montezemolo era cars are fast appreciating, both regardless of transmission. Testarossas, 328s are sought after and I've seen a 575M F1 go from 90.000€ to 99.000€ (asking price) over the last 3-4 months. People want Enzo, people want "old". People want something safe, undoubtedly valuable instead of something that may or may not appreciate. Exception made to the 355, which has completely gone bananas (once again, regardless of transmission type). Last one to be sold that I'm aware of, took 3 days to sell at 55.000€ (asking price).

Kind regards,

Nuno.