Immobilizer has been bypassed | FerrariChat

Immobilizer has been bypassed

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by P2164, May 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    Took several months but ECU doctors broke the code for the immobilizer, now my 456M starts every time with the turn of the key, also the fob locks and unlocks the doors as it should. They also did a 355 so I guess any bosch 5.2 system can be done. 355, 456 and 550. Anyone interested should give them a call. Jorge @ 800-328-1425 $875 but to me well worth it. You will have to send them both ecu's, the immobilizer and the immobilizer interface along with your fob.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This sounds exciting…T

3. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Very cool! Progress for sure!!!

4. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Did they supply you with your PIN code as well...or did you have it?

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    best news I heard all day.

6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
  7. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    No, but the pin code for the fob would be just to unlock and lock the doors along with the alarm, long as you have a key you can still do that and still start the car and drive off.

I am one of those guys who had one fob and one key, the fob has a bad connection in it and needed to be pressed hard in order to reset the immobilizer. So I could have spent $250 for a used fob and had it programed, but still would have had just a fob and a system that requires it. I hated the thought of being controlled by a push button. What if you sit on it or step on it and your traveling cross country? Your screwed! So you spend another $250 an have a spare programed? Bull S...t, I called these guys and they have been doing porsche immobilizer for a couple years so they thought it would be easy... it wasn't but I gave them 5 months with the units and they did it along with a 355 guy who felt the same way I did, now we are free of the cursed immobilizer. It was a wonderful feeling to just stick the key in and turn it and start just like my older Ferrari's. I did however purchase from a wrecked 456M GT (manual trans) the ecus and immobilizer, immobilizer interface and fob and used them in my GTA till they got it figured out. If anyone is interested in them let me know, I will sell complete for $1500. They are not bypassed.

8. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Finally!! What is the turn around time?

9. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    It probably will be short for you guys, I'm just guessing but a week or so. I was the guinea pig. :)

10. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Interesting.
    So if I read correctly the immobilizer is still fitted ? But has been re-programmed ? as well as the ECU's ?

Why not just get the pin code from Ferrari and have a set of new fobs mated to immobilizer ? That would give 3 fobs and the code and the car is back to "stock". Set of 3 new fobs is only around $750 ...

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think there's quite a few folk out there who'd gladly trade a little originality if it means replacing twenty year old electronics

12. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    WRXMike the immobilizer has a relay in that will allow the starter to engage, its has to stay but is jumpered so it will start, the code is sent from the immobilizer interface to the ecus which are matched to the interface. this is what is eliminated. Yes it all stays but the ecus are bypassed which means the IC's in the ecus are in an active ON state all the time so it doesn't care what the interface is sending to it, it just starts runs the injectors and ignition as a normal car. Why would you not get a new pin code and 3 new fobs.... Because your still stuck with a system that requires you to press a button to start the car and besides the cost is overwhelming. The immobilizer and interface still operate the alarm and door locks but NOT the disable function of the engine. Ferrari keys are $200+ bucks on ebay, you can buy 3 fiat keys for $10 that fit. Which one would you choose?

13. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    YES, me being one of them. If you want to keep original so be it, I hated the system from the moment I found out the button had to be pressed. To each his own.

14. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    You missed the point...

15. 575 Maranello

575 Maranello Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    I am also in the camp that would excise the immobilizer as it is useless to me. It is just a PITA and a risk for me.

Please correct me if I am wrong but the method described above did not really eliminate the ECU's function. If the ECU was to malfunction the car would still become a steel rock.

I would like to not just fool the electronics into thinking that the button was pushed but to completely excise the box so that it can't malfunction and leave me stranded.

Please I would love to hear comments.

16. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    I hope I can make this clear so not to confuse anyone. There is a chip in the ecu's that a digital code is stored, when it see's the correct code from the immobilizer it turns on the injectors and ignition. What they have done is bypassed the code chip so that power is on for ignition and injection all the time so the chip with the code is not in the circuit any longer. This was my understanding from Jorge. I would suggest calling them and talk to Jorge, the main man this way it comes from the horses mouth so to speak.

17. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    Please tell us where you can get three new FOBs with a PIN card for $750? Pretty sure this set up is well over a grand. That is why Immofixer in Australia can charge $699 to read the PIN out of your Immobilizer module or RED FOB if you have it.

I am one of those lucky guys who received all three working FOBs along with Ferrari keys...but no PIN card (thanks to the crappy incomplete PPI that I received on the car). As a result, I get to hand over big money...or live with FOBs only...

18. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I just checked their website, 3 new fobs (and pin) is still $747 US.

M

19. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    This is big news for the community. Strong work for those behind it. Of course this would happen after I sold mine.

20. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    #20 P2164, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    The modern technology sometimes has to be reversed, the immobilizer in my opinion was totally the wrong approach to a anti theft system. How many Ferrari's actually get stolen per year? I mean from a thief not from some guy who can't afford his payments. :) And if the car does get stolen its going to be stripped apart an sold on ebay craigslist or racing junk.com. The anti theft system is a big deterrent to a new guy looking to buy an older Ferrari with one key and one fob. This bypass opens up doors for the sale of cars (which are many) that only have one fob and no pin code. And for the owners who kept or sold fobs on ebay from Ferrari's with immobilizers SHAME ON YOU.

I recently bought a Mclaren MP4-12C, its an awesome car and comes with two fobs, there is no key, as long as you have the fob on your body you can start and drive the car. My wife and I took a 4900 mile trip in the car and we stopped at many places, I got out of the car and pressed the lock button and the horn would go off, the alarm would not energize, so I just left it. After sitting in the restaurant I asked my wife where her purse was, she said in trunk of the car, it contained the other key, so not only could I not lock it, but anyone could get in and drive off with it, just call me old fashioned, I like keys.

21. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike

Where you aware that the Ferrari fob / pincode problem has been solved, the pin can be reliably extracted from the immobilizer and new fobs added and the system put back to how it was originally. ?

I don't think people withhold fobs on purpose, I suspect they put them in a "safe place' and forget about them, then years later, after the car is long sold , they find them and sell them. Ditto for the pin code sheet.

22. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    I am absolutely aware of the pin retrieval from the company in Australia and also the cost of it $1700?? or something like that with 3 fobs. I don't want the immobilizer on my car, if I had 3 fobs and the code I still don't want it. And its gone now for me and future owners.

23. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I don't blame you. If I was in your shoes, I would do the same. For me, if I can send my RED FOB to someone...along with several C notes...and receive a correct PIN card, then that is the easiest path for me. I would have no problem "immobilizing" my immobilizer, but pulling three modules and sending them off is beyond what I want to get involved with now...

24. P2164

P2164 Karting

Oct 8, 2009
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Jack Houpe
    Yep to each his own, I'm not advocating to change your system just telling everyone there is another option. :) There are many out there like me, one fob and no code and hate the press button control over starting your car.

25. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think this is valuable information and while I'm content with the push button thanks to P2164 for being the beta tester and posting your findings.

Good job :)