Bluetooth/usb in the 550 | FerrariChat

Bluetooth/usb in the 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stardoc, Jul 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    I'm wondering if anyone knows which adapter can be used to connect a USB unit to the existing cd changer wiring harness in the trunk. I would like to setup a Blue tooth dongle such as Tune2air in the trunk which will then wirelessly connect to my phone. Would be nice to stream the phone into the stereo instead of playing cd's on long drives. If anyone knows the name of the power input line which powers the cd changer, that would also help.

2. maranello72

maranello72 Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2009
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    The trunk is completely shielded from the cabin by sheet metal, I doubt any bluetooth signal could be exchanged between the two, given its very low power.

Stefano

3. Amalfi Dream

Amalfi Dream Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Wait
    I have a device called Solisto Pro that plugs into the CD changer cable in the trunk of my 456M. The Viseeo Tune2air is plugged into the Solisto and I can listen to my playlists on the iPhone or switch to Sirius internet radio. The playlists can be accessed through the factory radio. Haven't had any issues with signal loss or disconnections. I have an old iPod though that I exchange with the Tune2air that actually seems to sound a little better, wired direct and no frequency losses as with the bluetooth.

4. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Replace the stereo. I just replaced a Pioneer AVH-7500BT with an AVH-7700BT, so I could probably let the 7500 go for a good deal. See my Mods thread for pics of the 7500. Its a nice flip out unit BT, iPod, Apps, etc...

5. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Thanks guys. Atleast I know someone has a bluetooth setup. I thought about exchanging the deck and just going with a modern deck but with Tune2air you can keep things as stock as possible while being able to control everything with your phone including phone calls through the speaker.
    Robert, were you able to purchase the Solisto Pro in the US?

6. Amalfi Dream

Amalfi Dream Karting

Oct 24, 2014
    Santa Ynez, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Wait
    Kris, I purchased directly from Solisto.de. They offer PayPal and was an easy transaction.
    The unit I purchased was the Solisto Pro for Becker/Porsche/Ferrari that emulates the Becker Silverstone 2630/2660 CD player. It was about $146 euro at the time.

7. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    I aggree, just replace the stereo, and while you're at it remove the cd changer from the boot (trunk) my unit (alpine) charges my phone can handle calls(if you have tubi or the like, install an external microphone!)

8. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Thanks guys. I agree that a stereo swap is the easiest way but I love the stock look. And yes I do have a Tubi and I feel like I'm committing a crime every time I turn on the radio.