575 manual watch, Europe | FerrariChat

575 manual watch, Europe

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Themaven, Aug 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Two 575 manual/sticks for sale in Europe on main sites right now (I may have missed others), one on mobile.de in Germany at 265,000 euros and another for slightly less at Slades (UK RHD). The low mileage ex-CH LHD JD Classics one at 215000 GBP I believe has been sold but maybe I am wrong.
    (No skin in these ones, the one I am looking at is not advertised.)
    These offer prices are on the up. Slades last one, a TDF with 14k miles, sold off an offer price of 145k GBP in May.

2. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    You omit the Swiss car on offer at (cough) CHF250k.

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks Mogul. Missed that. Only six months ago Elite Zuzwil in Switzerland had those two manual 575s up for 130k CHF, one with 1000 km and one 3000 km and Fiorano. The latter looked beautiful..suggests a doubling at least of asking price in six months.

4. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    #4 MogulBoy, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Darius, Have you seen the low miles RHD 2002 575M with Daytonas, some carbon trim and FHP at Cariconics?

575 Manual

These guys also have an interesting LHD 2002 575M F1 with a funky interior and it that car has been retrofitted with the HGTC kit.

575M HGTC

Both interesting low miles 2002 cars. Both POA.

Would be interesting to have a back to back comparison test drive to see which flavour wins the Great(est) 575M Bake Off!

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Hmm. Thanks Mogulboy. Would be interesting to know the prices of these..I was offered a RHD HGTC manual a few months ago, best of both worlds maybe, but price was craziness. Or so it seemed then.

6. bikerbob100

bikerbob100 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Mecum has a 575 Stick car at auction in Monterey weekend of August 14. estimate $325-375K USD. It sold to the current owner at $240K a few months ago.

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Will visit Mecum, happy to give it the once over and report if anybody intends to bid by phone or internet. In any case it will be interesting to see how it goes versus estimate and previous purchase price.

8. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  9. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    I thought that the car looked familiar!

Somewhat curiously, when Bradan advertised it, they indicated that it showed 9,850 miles.

The Mecum listing now indicates 9,785 miles so it would appear that since May, the car has been driven for a total of 65 miles. In reverse gear.

:eek:

10. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    ahahahHAHAHAHAHAH

11. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
  12. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    saw a black/crema car at ferrari manchester today
    was told it had just sold for160GBP.

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Haroon, do you know mileage and spec of that car? Fiorano pack, Daytona seats, or HGTC?

14. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    did not ask but it was on an 05 plate
    definitely no daytona seats but had the leather rear shelf
    car should still be there
    regards

15. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
  16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thanks Jimmie and Mogulboy. These both look pretty nice. Black one seemed well priced (these days), maybe because quite basic spec, but still.

18. mossboy

mossboy Rookie

Aug 13, 2015
    Both the Foskers and Stratstone cars are non FHP cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    the only thing i didn't like about it was the red calipers...just don't seem to sit well on a black car with shields.

20. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    Red calipers were of course the default color for FHP cars - but black, red, yellow or silver were always possible options with or without FHP.

The Foskers car looks good to me but one could question the aesthetic merits of going to the expense of having the calipers done in Silver whilst rolling with shields. I get the feeling that in the UK in particular, dealers were keen to push the shields as the story at that time was used cars were harder to sell without them..

This stealthy looking car might actually look nice with some aftermarket carbon shields and centre caps, but I digress.

In terms of watching the market, when I first heard of RHD cars hitting £130k last year, I thought that that represented quite a premium for 'wrong-hand-drive'. The market has now moved on it would appear but I will still be shocked (in a good way) if the Mecum car is bid much over $250k.

21. mossboy

mossboy Rookie

Aug 13, 2015
    Both the Foskers and the Stratstone car are non FHP cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I bought the 575 in Manchester, collect next Friday. Bought it unseen been looking for ages (is it nice in the flesh ?). One original owner, Stratstone service throughput, electric seats but not Daytona. Am retro-fitting FHP shortly - not really needed as ride sorted by 2005 with ECU changes etc but best to put FHP on. Will keep brake discs separate as don't want constant squeeking. I beleive there has been some interest at higher prices since I purchased the car but its a keeper for me.

23. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    #25 MogulBoy, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice car, well bought!

Do you know the assembly number? My F1 car is 141263 and was delivered in April 2005. The dedication plaque includes reference to the 2004 championship. (I have a sneaking suspicion that the car that Foskers have for sale isn't a 2005 as the dedication plate and airbag stickers although barely legible look like they could be from a 2003!)

There aren't that many 2005 coupes out there (Taz suggested that there could be just 100 or so) as the demand had tailed off and the factory was turning out Superamericas.

Yours may be one of the very last manual 2005s.

Have fun!

P.S. Totally up to you but you might want to drive it for a while before deciding to put FHP on it. Has the dealer offered to fit the complete genuine FHP kit? The rear anti roll bar would appear to be made of unbotanium but you can order one from the factory but the word on the street is that they just supply an HGTC version (which probably isn't terribly different). The uprated Pagid brake pads are the only part of the braking system that is changed and these would be optional but the very infrequent squeal that I get is no concern to me. The other changes are of course the steering ECU (less assistance), stiffer/shorter springs which support revised geometry.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login