Goodbye and Thank You | FerrariChat

Goodbye and Thank You

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 635CSI, Sep 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Guys, as I have hinted in my more recent posts, with the completion of my European tour I am selling my Zeltweg 575M. The reasons are personal but nothing to do with the car which is quite simply the best car I have ever owned.

I want to thank Terry, Darius , Jurgen, Mogul Boy and everybody else who has offered me friendly advice and support. It has considerably enhanced the pleasure of ownership.

The car has been consigned to DK Engineering.
    I will answer PMs about the car as well and honestly as I can but I wont discuss things on an open forum and any sale has to go through DK.

It has been a blast. Cheers, Graham

2. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Graham, it's been a pleasure reading your posts. Best wishes for you in the future, whatever you decide to motor around in!

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Graham, you hinted at this but this is very sad nonetheless! We are losing a true 575 Grand Tourer. I hope you stay on the board even after you sell the car. And good luck with the sale, your car looked like a beauty.

4. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Sad, to see your car will be for sale, even more after such an epic journey, thanks for sharing it with us Graham. Certainly, it will be your decision, to keep or sell a car. Honestly spoken I hoped, that you stay with the car after the....maybe… drive of your lifetime.

Hope, you'll find back to these cars one day again, the Maranello's are the last traditional gated V12 Ferraris, a perfect balance of pure driving expirience in combination with a classical style and every day usability.

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Good luck glad we got FHP on it for you at my dealer.

6. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    I was secretly hoping that we might have been able to share the excitement of an auction sale with you, but DK should do you proud.

Didn't you get close to buying a 456 at one point? Perhaps we'll see you on this corner of FC again.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Sad news, Graham, but I hope it goes to a good home.

8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks all, kind words really appreciated. I hope the new owner is "one of us". One day I hope I can return to this F chat corner in single ownership of a Maranello.

9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for great European contribution to this "a littlebit American" forum :) I bet you will have dreams about your green 575 many nights for the rest of your life (you are hereby warned!!) and possibly find The opportunity to get behind a wheel with some kind of horse on it. And that means not a Mustang but a Ferrrrrari of course! Are you back to a 635 CSI now...? I had a silver one actually. I loved it. Tonight i had some kind of dream that I was at my parents garage to pick it up for a drive, but there was instead a blue 635 there!! I am crazy stressed at work these days and can only dream about a trip through Europe like yours. Anyway, thanks for sharing!!

Erik

10. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    Thanks Graham, to have make us travel across Europe with you, and hope you will come back soon with another V12, from Maranello of course !!

11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Graham - just came out of mine also, scary moment financially. See Manual Thread.

12. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Thanks for sharing your ownership experiences with us, Graham. It has also greatly enhanced my ownership experience.

Wish you all the best. Most of all: thank you.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I have just taken a look at it on DK's site - very nice!

Good luck with your sale and I hope it is not too long before you are able to replace it.

14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Thanks !

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Graham- 190K pounds sounds like a fair price, too. Should move pretty quickly.

16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I hope so Terry , I know what a good car she is after my European adventures. I didn't want to over price though, that seems a little grasping and ultimatly could lead to egg on the face.
    We will see.
    I am in the process of selling our 456M GT to a personal contact, if that goes through as expected next week the pressure is off on the 575M sale so i will not be taking bids below asking price.

17. MogulBoy

MogulBoy Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2004
    Devon
    #17 MogulBoy, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Sure looks like her if she is green.

19. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think Graham has traded it in for a new LaFerrari. Had to change from gas guzzler to an environmentally friendly hybrid twelve cylinder Ferrari 🏁🏁😉😉

20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #20 635CSI, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Graham is currently driving a 2005 Subaru Forester around the lanes of Devon.
    He is happy though.
    Thanks all.