my new 2000 550 ! | FerrariChat

my new 2000 550 !

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by crete 08 430 00 550, Oct 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    love it, trying to figure out rattle under trunk area? not clunking ,17 K miles,thanks

2. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    You say not clunking. Does does this mean you've ruled out the shock mounts? When I got my car few years ago with 10,000 miles, it had a rattle/clunking noise from what sounds like the trunk area. I had all the shocks rebuilt and the mounts modified by Delta Vee, no more rattles or clunks after that.

3. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    It is all orig ,that makes sence. re-built ? orig motor mt's ,change also? thanks Avi

4. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Do a search on the forum for shock mount modification and you'll find a lot of info about the design and the noise they make as they wear out. As far as I know, Delta Vee is the only place to do the modification. Aside from fixing the noise, the ride is a little less harsh as well.

5. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    thanks, i am ck'ing Delta Vee ,thank you Avimax,

6. orled

orled Rookie

Jun 13, 2009
    UK
    My car had hint of this noise when I got it with only 7,000 miles on clock. Got worse over next 10,00 and did Delta Vere fix last year - cured! Bought another pair 2nd hand top mounts and shipped UK to USA for reserved build slot reserve slot and back within 2 weeks. Then simplecswap of mounts and car still on the road meanwhile

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Metal to metal joints are great for racing, but not so hot for street use. Oiling them, not greasing them, might have helped but not sure how you would get it in there.

8. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    in contact with FAI and others trying to get it right the first time (rattle under trunk), shock rebuild is consensus so far?? thanks !

9. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You need the shock mounts modified by DeltaVee. Shock rebuilding may not be necessary, I'd let Rob advise you on that.

10. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Just to clarify my earlier statement, it was the shock mount modification that cured my noise, not the shock rebuild. I had the shocks rebuilt at the same time, but your shocks may not need to be rebuilt.

11. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Shocks mounts are far, far more common than issues with the shocks themselves. DeltaVee is a great resource.

12. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  13. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    great info ,thanks Ferrari Driver, Avimax and all ! I bought car with some issues ,but i know i bought' the house with the view ', not my first or my only Ferrari ,this one is really special, and so much fun to drive !!

14. PRS Guitarist

PRS Guitarist Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Stupid question time... did you check the well area where the spare and kit are stored? Nothing loose or rattling in there I presume.

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Mine had a bizarre vibration that could only be heard under the passenger seat when I'd lift the throttle. No one could find it, even though that cat had been replaced.

16. crete 08 430 00 550

Oct 8, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charles
    i ck'ed the easy stuff , won't hurt much to ck again before i take her to the shop.thanks

17. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Does anyone have a used set of mounts that they would like to offload?

Chasing a similar problem and would like to get the mounts modified but don't want to take the car off the road for an extended period. Also worried about parts getting lost in transit from OZ (has happened in the past)

Please PM me.

Thanks in advance.