2001 456m major service coming up | FerrariChat

2001 456m major service coming up

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by rgottschalklaw, May 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rgottschalklaw

Apr 4, 2015
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have a 2001 456m, with 27K miles and I am getting ready for its next major service. It had a major service at the local Ferrari dealership about 5 years and 15K miles ago paid for by the prior owner.

I have read posts about using upgrade parts from the 550 model, etc.,as an improvement. I would appreciate some thoughts on what should be done at the next major service and what "upgrades" should be made. Note that a very trusted and experienced Ferrari only Indy shop will be sourcing the parts and handling the labor.

Thanks.

2. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    575 motor mounts, if you're looking specifically for Ferrari OEM parts. My aftermarket upgrades included drilled and slotted rotors and noise/dust-free pads from Formula Dynamics. I also put on 19" OZ Superleggera IIIs, but you may want to stick to the stock 17' rims if you want to look authentic.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stainless steel wrapped brake lines are a good investment. Gives you a more solid brake pedal feel. There are even SS wrapped lines with rubber/plastic covers so they look OEM.

4. KeithS

KeithS Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 30, 2008
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Keith Stephens
    Randy, PM sent.

Keith

5. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Checkover your ignition system closely, especially the HT wires. On your car they're now 16 years old, which is stretching the limit.

A consistent ignition misfire or dead cylinder can kill a catalytic converter, or worse...... and the OBD2 code in our Motronic 5.2 ECU's was not fully developed enough to consistently catch misfires.