Was 575M Superamerica made in manual RHD, if yes how many? | FerrariChat

Was 575M Superamerica made in manual RHD, if yes how many?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ShootingBrake, May 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShootingBrake

ShootingBrake Rookie

May 30, 2017
    Hi

I am contemplating purchasing a 575M Superamerica RHD and am curious if they made any with a manual transmission and if yes how many did they make?

Are there any colour combinations that are generally less desirable or should be avoided from a resale perspective?

I believe the Superamerica was the first V12 to have a F1 transmission is it easy to use, enjoyable to drive and problem free in most instances?

Is the glass roof problematic in any way?

Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for your time.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    The numbers I have are slightly different:

5 UK RHD manual SAs, and 57 UK RHD F1 SAs, out of a total of 39 manual SAs and 520 F1 SAs produced.

4. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I think the resale value of the colour combo would be the least of your problems when tracking down a manual SA, however there was a thread on here about colour combos on SAs in general a few weeks back. Classic combos are always easier to resell.

The F1 came out on a V12 with the 575 and you will find encyclopaedias full of debate about it here if you take your time to look through.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- The numbers I have for manuals are the same for total, 39, and 6 for UK RHD manuals, out of a total of 63 UK RHD Superamericas.

The F1 system on the Superamerica is the F1A system also fitted to early 612s. Takes some time to learn how to drive smoothly and competently, like any new skill, but after time, smoother than three pedals if you treat it like a 3 pedal with one pedal missing. F1A was an upgrade to earlier F1 systems, with improved algorithms and quicker min shift times than the 575M (180 ms vs 220 ms).

Pretty much any color looks good on Maranellos and Superamericas, but silver/gray, blue, and red are probably the easiest to resell. Some folks like black, too.

6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    SB- So you are buying a Superamerica and a 16M? Same question in the 360/430 forum.

7. ShootingBrake

ShootingBrake Rookie

May 30, 2017
    I am trying to decide between a 16M and a Superamerica as I wanted a car with a limited production run and those two cars fall within my budget. Given the fact that there are so few RHD manuals I would imagine they go for a significant premium so I will not be going for one of those. I think I need to read more about the cost of replacing the roof of the Superamerica as it sounds like it could be costly exercise.

Is replacing the roof of a Superamerica a common occurrence?

Thank you for all your responses they have been most helpful.

8. ShootingBrake

ShootingBrake Rookie

May 30, 2017
  9. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  10. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I wonder if the 6 UK RHD cars includes my Dad's old car or is one more UK supplied. It was UK supplied but LHD as he special ordered it for driving on the continent.

it was later sold to Germany I believe.

11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I saw the SA Manual at RM failed to sell at the weekend.

Maybe 15K is considered big mileage on one of these?

12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    My roof already had delamination problems when I purchased the car from first owner. I eventually decided to replace it.
    However, if you find a car with a flawless roof, you may consider that it will remain as it is. Perhaps taz could elaborate on this
    Anyway, it is a great car!

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jacques- They did a redesign on the top and the top ECU and that seems to have helped. At one point, probably because these were limited edition and very expensive, Ferrari was replacing the tops after the warranty expired. That was a while ago, however, but still worth checking with Ferrari.

14. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Unfortunately, when I investigated for a roof replacement , Ferrari only offered to sell a new one...

Envoyé de mon SM-G800H en utilisant Tapatalk