Colour code for 550 Maranello side quirts and bumpers | FerrariChat

Colour code for 550 Maranello side quirts and bumpers

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 550 Maranello PT, Jun 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550 Maranello PT

Jun 6, 2017
    Hi:

I´ve got a 1997 55O Maranello. The car is painted in it´s original colour of Rosso Corse (Ferrari Red).

Originally maranellos have a colour coded front and rear bumper with the low lip painted in black. That is the same situation as the sidequirts, where the bottom edge is painted in black (the rest is painted in red as the car).

I need your help in identifiyng the colour code for the black paint, in order to paint the bumpers and side squirts back to it´s original colour-mine are all painted in red as the rest of the car).

I´ve searched in a number of places but can´t find the RAL ou colour code for the black bottom edge of the side squirts and bumpers. The colour seems to be a matt black, but would be thankfull if somebody could help with this.

Thanks in advance

2. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    I have put a protective layer of matt black vinyl wrap over the paint, a where I live driving speeds are higher and there are a few stones that produce chips.
    Not sure if this helps, but at time of resale could be easily recified.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    This is what Bradan was using for a while.

PPG hfm4