Trunk Open Light Stays On. Any ideas? | FerrariChat

Trunk Open Light Stays On. Any ideas?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tnferrariowner, Jun 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi,

I am asking anyone who knows something about what may be going on with my 575M. I have a trunk open warning light that is staying on.

Has anyone else had this problem and there is a an overall reset to the system if there is a error and it perhaps is triggered on all the time. I know with the newer cars when I have had problems with a warning light, the standard response is open and close the doors 10 times with the key and it resets the whole system again.

The trunk is closed and it still remains on. This is causing me problems with my alarm now.

I did recently remove and replace the trunk opening button to have it refinished (remove sticky covering). It did not occur straight away after replacement, but after an hour or so.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    This was discussed recently, but I cannot find the thread.
    The light switch is a sealed unit with a ball inside that makes contact when open the trunk and puts the light on.
    Normally you can hear, near the catch in the trunk lid, the soft metallic clunk when you open the trunk about half way.
    if you don't hear it I would guess that's your problem

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I believe he's talking about the warning light on the dash. That's not part of the ball interrupt system.

I think it's part of the lock, part 63143300 and strike 63143600 that controls the trunk open warning circuit. There is a plunger in the lock and the strike has a cover that can break off causing the plunger not to fully depress.

4. Mo34t

Mo34t Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hamburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Ralf Steinkuehler
    I had the same issue (trunk open warning light) in some 575M.s - in my case it was always a blown fuse for the cabin lighting - caused by a short circuit in the wiring for the passenger sun visor vanity mirror light...

5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Proving logic in wiring circuits is never actually necessary! How the hell did you figure that one out.....

6. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you! Iw ill check the fuse as the internal lights are not coming on I just noticed. Thanks again!!

7. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you to all your help. All fixed. It was the internal lighting fuse that had blown. THANK YOU!!