Dash lights and signals | FerrariChat

Dash lights and signals

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by uberlink, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    #1 uberlink, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    I long had an issue with my right turn signal working intermittently. Recently, it morphed into none of the signals (including hazards) or dash lights working at all. At some point, I realized that they would all work if the parking light (the button on the center console with the big P) was activated, although the right signal would remain intermittent.

At some point, I realized that the onboard clock doesn't work unless the parking light button is depressed. And it won't work unless the ignition is activated (essentially, it goes off when the dash lights go off).

I pulled and replaced the turn signal relay (to the left of your knee on the driver's side), Part Number 164369. That solved the intermittence. Now the signals work (all - right, left, and hazard). But it remains the case that the dash lights, signals, and clock will not work unless the ignition is active AND parking light button is depressed. So it's all completely fine when I'm driving the car, as long as the P button is in the right position. As soon as I shut her down and remove the keys, however, the clock stops....which sucks.

Seems there's a short somewhere. Any guesses where? Think I just need a new parking light switch? Something else?

Thanks, all!

2. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    any ideas?

3. uberlink

uberlink Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2012
    Twin Cities, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    Found it. I must have popped a fuse when I was swapping in the new signal relay. All back to normal.