Opinion on 575M Maranello with rebuilt title | FerrariChat

Opinion on 575M Maranello with rebuilt title

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dsims, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsims

dsims Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    dsims
    I'm a long time lurker and have been a dealer in Atlanta for 18 years. I recently took a 575 on trade for a newer 991 S. I typically do not deal with salvage or rebuilt cars. I thought I was at a safe number, but now I'm having my doubts. I've had it on ebay looking for offers, but nothing serious so far. The car is in great shape...low miles, runs strong, and the guy has some recent services completed at Enzos here in Atlanta. He provided a couple pics of the previous damage too.

Anyone interested can take it anywhere....Ferrari of Atlanta or any other shop. I want whoever buys it to know exactly what they're getting and to be comfortable.

Can you guys give me an idea of value here? I researched it quite a bit before taking it on trade, but the lack of interest so far has me scratching my head.

Thanks for any help.

2003 Ferrari 575M Maranello F1
    8k miles
    Giallo on black
    Rebuilt Title

ZFFBV55A230130828

2. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    If I didn't already have a Ferrari I'd be all over it. It's the right color combo for me, too.

I'm surprised at the lack of interest, only thing I can think of is sub 100k is where a lot of entry level owners play and a lot of them finance - and you can't finance a salvage car, at least not with traditional super low interest loans.

But, you've got me thinking, maybe I don't need to retire at 63.....

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    If it was red it would probably be sold by now. :)

You're likely getting less interest because of the colour more than anything else. Will have to wait for the right buyer that wants a Yello Maranello ;)

Price is around fair I'd say.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The car looks good, but I think your biggest problem is the 02 575 with 15k miles that Ferrari of San Diego is asking $109k for. Hgreg also has a black 03 with 25k miles asking $109k.

If I have $89k cash for the rebuilt car, I can scrape up another $20k to get a clean title car.

6. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    ding

7. dsims

dsims Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    dsims
    So what's a number that moves it?

If it was a perfect, 8k example, what would be a fair price? Do you take 30% off?

Typically, in my experience, we take 50% off a salvage vehicle if it's being traded. If it has a rebuilt title, we take 30% off wholesale. I have never traded a rebuilt Ferrari, so learning on this one.

$85k? Anything below that, it's getting to the point of me keeping it and driving.

Thanks in advance for any input.

8. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I just had bought an '09 California for my wife which is on the way, but she'd probably kill me if I mentioned this. She'd make me sell my 612...Do you have all of the repair receipts and documented photographs you could provide with it? Also who did all of the repair work?

You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!