1995 Blu Chiaro 456 in Texas | FerrariChat

1995 Blu Chiaro 456 in Texas

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bergxu, Jun 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Gents,

Wondering if anyone here has seen this car in person? It has been for sale for ages and I've watched as they've lowered the price from over $94K to $65K now. They say it needs some attention and also is due for a service. Funny enough, in the year or so that it has been for sale, I don't think the ad copy has changed one bit so they've "taken it on a 500 mile trip over the past weekend" for the last 52 weekends, lol.

Here's the eBay item # 282228111780 just copy and paste into the eBay search bar.

I was initially interested in this car but negotiations with these guys weren't terribly pleasant and it seemed I was inconveniencing them so I wound up buying a Blu NART '99 MGTA instead but still a part of me wouldn't mind having this car as well since it's a manual...I'm just concerned at how long it has been for sale. And by the way, I had them at $60K with some terms as I needed a few weeks to wrap up some other dealings before I would have been able to make them whole but I offered a $2,500 non-refundable deposit to them as good faith money. Even still, I didn't get the warm and fuzzy on the cusp of spending a fair amount of coin for a toy. Nevertheless, I'm curious to hear if anyone can shed any insight on this specimen.

If all else fails, there's a Rosso Barchetta '95 manual I'll probably pick up in the next month or thereabouts. It's a bit 'edgy' but my thought was to have it share daily driver duties with my '07 Quattroporte and keep my '99 for nice days only.

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I might be crazy, but I feel this car may have been discussed here before. Can anyone else chime in? I vaguely remember a car that was listed in one state but had plates from another with worn tires and such. Seems there was some back and forth and prying of answers of condition between the seller and members here.

I've done a brief search but didn't find anything. I bet I'm wrong.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C