Any NE 456 Owners ? | FerrariChat

Any NE 456 Owners ?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by markj2010, Aug 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markj2010

markj2010 Rookie

Aug 1, 2017
    Hi- Any NE owners care to spare a few mins for a quick chat. Considering a 456 and have read on a lot of stuff but still would appreciate some insight
    Please PM or suggest alternate ways and I can reach out my email is my NICK name At g mail

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why not ask here?

3. forgottenkeys

forgottenkeys Rookie

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi. I am new to this forum but I bought a 456M GTA in the UK the year before last and since then I have not had a single regret. I take my car fishing, I use it on long journeys to see my folks, I take my daughter to school with it. Any excuse to drive it. I'm not wearing rose tinted specs though - there have been some challenges: I have dented the front panel reversing into a drive too quickly, dented the side panel trying to squeeze through a gap which was too narrow, perforated the radiator when I got stuck behind a road gritter, and almost lost the backend when I drove over a speed bump. Even setting aside fixing these things, the first garage bill will be significant (fixing all the things that the previous owner should have done) - mine was about £8k. Service costs are about double the service costs for a Porsche. The car has the fuel economy of a tank, can't be left in the sun without the leather dashboard stretching and some genius as Ferrari thought it would be really funny to cover all of the switches with licorice. Each owner will have a different view of what their 456 is for them. For me, it is a labour of love which I will keep for the next 20 years. I look at the car the same way now as I did when I first got it. Sitting in the drivers seat gives me the same thrill. The drive is easy, comfortable and exhilarating. If you are looking for an investment, don't buy a 456. If you want a fantastic car that you can use as a daily driver and enjoy as a family car, go for it. Best £50k I ever spent.

4. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Mark,
    Check out the 456 Forum here, there are several lengthy discussions on the 456.
    And I'll echo what Forgotten says above - in short a tremendous car and immensely happy with mine.
    Since they've been at the bottom of their depreciation curve, many have not received the love and attention they require, so sorting one out many be expensive. But once they are, they are a joy to drive.
    Well worth it in my book.