Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > 456/550/575

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Hahaha, this is GREAT!

I am tempted to send 2.8USD via Western Union and see what the say...
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

ME

That is fine I can do that, since you have already taken care of everything else, hey Doreen I just hope the divorce was not painful, what happened? I am sorry I do not want to cross the line but I am divorcee as well.

SCAMMER

Sorry but I don't want to talk about this.

(hahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

THEN I DID NOT REPLY FOR A WHILE

SCAMMER

Any good news ?

ME

Yes I sent it today you should ask Ebay to see if they have it already, this is completely legit right?

SCAMMER

OK, in this case, I will prepare the shipping and then I'll wait for eBay to notify me about your payment confirmation. Please don't forget to confirm the payment at eBay so I'll begin the shipping process immediately. I'm a honest person and I don't risk my career and my freedom for any amount of money. I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% LEGIT because eBay will be the third party between us and I think that we can make the deal by using them.

ME

How can I get in touch with Ebay to let them know I already sent the money?

SCAMMER

You have to fax the receipt at the number that you have in the invoice or by email using : motors_support@live.com

ME

I do not have a fax machine nor a scanner but I will do so as soon as I go to a KinkosN can you please send me a copy of your drivers license or any identification so I can prepare the bill of sale.

SCAMMER

I work at American Airlines and I have all my documents at the office, I can't send you any copy until i get back home.

ME

Well please do so and I will send you a copy of the western union receipt when I receive it.

AND THEN I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM "EBAY"

eBay Motors Customer Support Center Message : Please confirm your payment !

Dear f......... a.........,
If you made the payment we need you to confirm us the following information :
- MTCN ( 10 digits number found on the payment receipt )
- Sender's Name and Address
- Receiver's Name and Address
- Total Amount Sent
As soon we validate your payment we shall instruct seller to start the shipping immediately.

Thank you for using our services !

Sincerely, eBay

Help

For any questions please contact us at : motors_support@live.com

SCAMMER
I'm out of states right know i will get back home in a couple of days, I don't know for sure.

ME

How did you get out of the country without ID, and that is weird because the IP address from where you are sending emails shows you are sending from CO.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Bill
LOL....that was great !

good reading.....

Bill
Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dennis
Loving it

Love the back and forth on the scammer.

Reminds me of the following thread (caution: super long!). I was on the floor laughing when I first read this...

http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109

Enjoy!

Sorry for hijacking this thread.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

This thread is kind of old but I need to post this, back in March I posted the "negotiations" I was getting with the scammer, around May I received an email from the Ohio's attorney general regarding the complaint I filed with the FBI regarding this scammer, he asked what happenned and if I lost any money during this scam, I said no that I knew all was a scam since the beginning and I just played along to get as much info as possible, I reported the IP address from where this "woman" was sending me emails and that's it, TODAY I received a letter from the Justice Department letting me know that these guy was tried and found guilty (it does not state the charges but the case number) this guy is going to the can for almost SIX YEARS!!!!!!! and he was sentenced by the court to restitute me some money (even though I did not send him anything) maybe just because he tried to scam me, so anyways I am shocked that they did not just close the file and actually pursue this, I feel good (not for sending a poor bastard to jail I would never feel good about that) but that the justice department actually did their job and remove a scammer from the streets, but now that I think about it, it is not the scammer's fault, if somebody is that STUPID to fall for these kind of "too good to be true" deals, they deserve to lose money. If you have seen the American greed show on TV you would understand me, these people putting all their money into these "business opportunities" giving them 10% return per month, and at the end when they realize it was a scam they go "I can't believe they did this to me, I just wanted to have a better return than the banks"
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Fab
Ahhh, the good old Western Union trick.

My favorite is the one where they use your honesty and good faith to clip you.

My sister sold a living room set for 2000$ on CL. The guy sends a 3500$ payment because he claims that he can't come himself and asks her to please pay the 500$ directly to the transport company.

She then alerts him that he sent her an extra 1000$ by mistake and he says he is in the process of moving and had to close his Paypal account so she can just send the 1000$ by Western Union.

Luckily, she called me and was bragging to me about how much she got for her old crappy living room set and told me the story as she was driving to Western Union.

I screamed loudly for her to NOT do it and wait for that Paypal payment confirmation to fail and expire which it did after a few days, of course. Thank god I caught it in time........

She's a successful business woman and no dummy but if you let your guard down, these guys can be real smooth and not so obvious like the 5700$ 348 scam described above.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Brian Brown
There has been a 550M on Craigslist for $49k. That's about the cheapest I have seen. the front of the car looks like it has been sandblasted with rock chips. The dash is warped. All of the switches and A/C controls look sticky. The drivers seat bolster leather is worn through. It has 55K miles on it. No mention of any recent service. You get what you pay for.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: david
Funny thread. I had a scammer trying to pull the pay pal western union thing with me one time. It was so blatantly a scam that I just played along for a while. When he wanted my address and contact info I gave him the attorney general's name and address of the A.G.'s office. I sent a note to the attorney general's office with the email thread. I got a note back saying that they had a good laugh over the whole thing and they would keep an eye out for any bogus checks from this guy. They also said they were glad I didn't get taken in because too many people do fall for these things.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin Buckley
I have 3 winning powerball tickets for sale for varying amounts based on a 75% discount from the face value of each ticket.

please place advance deposit to my account at The National Bank of Sudan
Old 10-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
If you belive the 550 for 30k how about a 430 for $40k?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ema&listType=3
Na. He wants a V12.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Karting
Sponsor

Full Name: Terry
My Garage
2000 550 for $59,500...53k miles

Not "cheap" but...

http://www.vintagedrivingmachines.co..._id=1922366204
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jonathan
I would consider selling mine,

1999 550 maranello, black / tan 72k miles, needs service. $55k.

I bought it here 2.5 years ago, new headers, clutch, front resprayed, airbag dash reupholstered, great car.

Having baby!! Only gonna keep one Ferrari (other is blue 328 with 69k miles possibly selling for $35k).

Would trade for Aston Martin 2005 coupe or newer because I need four seats
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Formula 3
Sponsor

Full Name: Derek Fennig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedtt View Post
I know the original owner of that car very well...too bad it appears to have lost the Modular wheels.

Last edited by Derek at FoD; 11-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.