Anybody using Speciale Telemetry | FerrariChat

Anybody using Speciale Telemetry

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MuratC, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    #1 MuratC, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Finally, after more than 2 months my Telemetry system + cameras have arrived. They just finished installation (lots of work for this accessory) right after that I went to the track to have it recorded (Ferrari only includes 4 tracks :( ) It seems to work fine so far. But you have to really work on it to learn it (user manual is very vague)

iPad connection and Ferrari Telemetry app works fine but again a user needs more detailed explanation of this app.

But the real problem with this Telemetry is, its software which is supposed to work on PCs. I have installed the Ferrari Telemetry program which was on the included USB key on my Laptop and PC just to use it on bigger screen to see all the data more clearly. But somehow this software (Ferrari Telemetry v1.5) doesn't work with the data recorded on the USB key. The data that comes from the car telemetry has a .HDF5 file format but when I try to open a Telemetry from this software it only looks for .FVDL file formats and that's why it can't find any files recorded in the USB stick.

Anybody tried to use this software on a PC? Am I doing something wrong or do we need a new software to see the track data on PCs?

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Tried copying the file to your drive and renaming the extension?

Also, which 4 tracks are included?

3. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Yes, I've tried changing the names but it didn't help. Right now, I'm waiting for assistance from Ferrari. They have just included Fiorano, Mugello, Nurburgring and Nurburgrin-open :(

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Strange. I remember the 430C recorder. At least the video files would open with VLC media player. Interested to hear how this turns out.

5. drvik

drvik Rookie

Aug 13, 2014
    Reviving this thread... did the OP succeed in getting the recorded data to load on the PC??

6. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    creating new tracks is easy. It's the first option on the dash after you agree to the disclaimer. "Start New". I've had no problems creating new tracks and recording. The PC software opens session just fine AFTER I copy from the USB to the PC hard drive.

I can view the video files on the USB but no sound.

The issue I have is I can't view the video or overlay any of the telemetry in the PC software.

I've play with it for a couple of hours and just can't get it working and I'm a software guy so it's not like I'm PC illiterate.

I now have hours of soundless video that I can view but no telemetry data and I can't get the PC software working at all. BTW/ The video is very low quality, haven't found a setting to change that.

Before my Speciale I used Traqmate which was much easier to use. I can't speak for the detail of the telemetry data since I haven't been able to view any of it. Pretty crappy for a ~$6K option.

7. Jasone

Jasone Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 15, 2011
    Tampa Florida
    Full Name:
    Jasone
    Reviving this thread.. I'm still looking for help.

8. ceepfchat

ceepfchat Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Jasone, did you ever get anywhere with this? I recently purchased a speciale with telemetry but only got around to playing with it today. It keeps telling me the USB key is not inserted (it is) - is this just a blank key or is there something on it? There's a menu option to format the key, but since I don't know what's on it, I don't want to randomly delete stuff...

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    put a blank USB and format it for the system to be prepared to save file ... imo :)

10. jeffmoore

jeffmoore Karting

Feb 19, 2011
    My telemetry system on my 458 Speciale is not working anymore, Ferrari tells me i have to replace it fully and it costs around 9k euro. I am not sure if that is worth of it as i till now have never used it... Alternative is to have it blocked in the software and the car will run fine but i cant use it.

Any tips?